Casus Belli

Discussion about the Diplomacy System in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

To be continued ........[/quote]

Damn.... it doesn't seems to work pissingoff a region by concentrating troops around a border... :-?
(well at least not in the Africancampaign)

Short resume:
Up#5
Congo in the African campaign
Normal difflvl

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h223/ ... e/War2.jpg

This was the situation just after beginning:
Placed my troops around Cameroon and build a couple mill facilities around it and set some units on -patroll-
I run the game for 1.5 years before i got the first DoW by.... Sudan :o

I've checked the diplo during the game and a majority of the AIregions developed a equally diplo and CB stance against me (except Tanzani,KenyanFed,Libya and Niger)

I'll run another test to see if it is maybe possible to irritate Cameroon in
a different way --> Boycot and idiot diplomatic demands.
Maybe it will help... but i doubt it... :-?
NO MORE NOISY FISH [unless they are green & furiously]
I HAVE STILL A FISH IN MY EAR
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

I continued the same game but from a earlier save..
Boycoted Cameroon (exp/imp) and demanded money sums (total treasury sums etc etc)
There was no change in the diplo stance.... :evil:

Conclusion:

YOU CAN"T PISSOFF A SINGLE REGION

:o

You can only influence the relations in a possitive way.... !!!
Il Duce
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Il Duce »

Though this is completely off the topic of this thread...
in the Russian campaign it is interesting to note that it is easier than ever to purchase techs via diplomacy - specifically from regions with a nominal belli against you (peers at 30+% belli at each other). Had no problem as West Siberia puchasing t-90 tech from moscow - or was it st. pete?, or even BMD-3 AT from Kirov, my relatively hostile adjacent neighbor, with no preludes - just a straight equal value cash-for-tech offer out of the blue. Rather nice neighbor. This is in the first year of the campaign so it's hard to say how the rest of it goes, but I've been buying techs all over - even moreso than in updt 3 or 4 - in this scenario. Playing at difficult level (one notch up, whatever that means). Just thought it was kinda relevant. Tech purchases make up nicely for research slowdown/inflation in the first-year stabilization of the ecomnomy.
Colorless green ideas sleep furiously [but otherwise, they do not worry and are happy].
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

I think the key is now and was in the past ,that allows you to draw one region into a war while not drawing another,is to interect with them both in opposite ways.

For instance,lets say you have 2 regions on your borders ,A and B.
Now lets say you want to pick-off B while keeping A out of the affair.

So you would make continual good diplomatic moves towards A ,while at the same time antongizing B.

So you could antaognize them both with a high build cap, but make good diplo offers to A to counter the build cap effect.

So that only B gets the full effect of the cap.

Another example is win them both over all the way. Get every treaty possible with BOTH A and B.
Than cancel the treaties with A, but not with B.
You can get a hefty half bar jump and more in negative belli from another region by simply walking away from them politically-IE cutting ties in a unilateral way.
The best part about this method is as one dev pointed out ( Legend I think) ,that when the AI reacts by cutting the same tie/treaty it lessens the global negative effect you would have gotten if they just ignored you.
So other regions including the WM dont get as mush hate against you as they could.BUt the one region you acting against still gets a hefty dose of hate against you.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

Well there is a thing i found out this morning HOW to get an instant DoW...
And to be honest i don't know if this was always in or new..... ???

This is the case:
I'm Benelux in the (extended) EU-scenario.I'm allied with Denmark and
Germany has a stable CB (around the 35%) against me.
Denmark attacks Germany and to help Dm i offer some inf units.
When those transfered units jump out my base and got detected by Germany, they first fire some missiles AND then immediatly declare war on me.

:-?
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

??? they DoW on u for enemy units being in ur region. I thought always u had the option of DoW for the missile strikes.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

Nope.. they don't DOW on me for just having foreign troops on my ground....
There must be something else... don't know... maybe it has something to do with
those missiles... :-?
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

If they fired missiles into ur region u should have been given the option for a DoW. Not them. Unless I'm missing it. Germany was the one that fired the missiles right. Well if so that's werid.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
Admiral Hayes
Sergeant

Post by Admiral Hayes »

You have the possibilities to Modificate the Casus Beli Level of a other Country.

Primary, if you gives Money oder Ressources to a other Country, that will lower the CB aginast you and boost the Diplomatic Relationship.

Boycotts are Bad for relationsship with the other Country and will give that a CB aginast you.

"Give Economic Aid to Neutrals" can also help you, However i am not sure ob that is functionable.

Firing Missiles aginst Citys oder Attack Citys with Artillery (= many Civilian Dead) are bad for relationship. :P

Return to “Diplomacy - State Department”