A Diplomatic AI

Discussion about the Diplomacy System in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

Eric Larsen
Colonel

A Diplomatic AI

Post by Eric Larsen »

I was playing a game and it was getting within 6 months of an election. I had my DAR around 35% and I was completely surprised when I got a diplomatic offer from the AI. I thought it wanted me to give it money so I said okay. I was stunned when it turned out that it was giving me $35 billion. It did that twice more in the following few months running up to the election. I guess on normal difficulty the AI's are set to help out humans. I was already on the ball raising my DAR so the help was superfluous and I won the election handily.

I just wish the AI's were better at making diplomatic offers besides just bailing out humans near election time.
Thanks,

Eric Larsen
BigStone
General

Re: A Diplomatic AI

Post by BigStone »

You'll get the first election notifications around the last 3 months... :-?
NO MORE NOISY FISH [unless they are green & furiously]
I HAVE STILL A FISH IN MY EAR
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: A Diplomatic AI

Post by Balthagor »

Eric Larsen wrote:...I guess on normal difficulty the AI's are set to help out humans...
No, that is just a coincidence. The AI does not take much note of another player's internal election (althought with update 5 if you loose your elections and change gov type this may have an effect on your relations to other regions).
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Eric Larsen
Colonel

A Diplomatic Coincidence

Post by Eric Larsen »

Balthagor wrote:No, that is just a coincidence. The AI does not take much note of another player's internal election (althought with update 5 if you loose your elections and change gov type this may have an effect on your relations to other regions).
Chris,
I found it certainly a quirk of coincidence that the AI finally made some kind of diplomatic offer only when I was nearing an election and had what might be seen as low DAR. I was also surprised that it did the same offer three times, not just once. I just wish the AI's would make more diplomatic offers, it sure is tough having to carry the diplomatic ball all by ourselves.
Thanks,

Eric Larsen

Return to “Diplomacy - State Department”