Disarmament treaty

Discussion about the Diplomacy System in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

FastBoy101
Captain

Post by FastBoy101 »

Is it possible to make treaty to disarm? Or more specifically for nukes?

I guess there's a way from international instances to say "no biological warfare" and such things, but not to disarm between two or more countries. I'm conscious that it may not be a priority though.
Hellfish6
Lt. Colonel

Post by Hellfish6 »

Yes. :smile:
FastBoy101
Captain

Post by FastBoy101 »

It's IN?!! I have to admit I'm surprised. It looks so complicated to modelize!

Then, maybe another step is possible but I do not wish it to get in if it ruins gameplay: a limited disarmament treaty. Something like "only on our common border", "except on others' borders" or "on this specific territory". Of course, this can be "except a certain minimum". It could be only a checkbox to check :razz: The use of this is to disarm your border, while still permitting war with others. So the treaty is divided into three zones: your border, other borders and the inner-territory.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FastBoy101 on 2004-01-25 23:13 ]</font>
FFDmh2223
Warrant Officer

Post by FFDmh2223 »

what about demanding someone like let's say iran disarm or else. meaning the request is not mutual like between us and russia, they both comply and agree to disarm, In the case I'm referring to, you just don't want that country to have those weapons so you demand they disarm..
BattleGoat
General
Human: Yes

Post by BattleGoat »

You can order troop buildups on borders, but you can't order troops to stay away from a certain border. Unless there are strategic targets that they automatically defend near that border (or unless they have "Border Patrols" ordered) they won't automatically move to a border anyways. Add to that, if you sign a non-aggression treaty with a neighbor then that would limit your military deployments near them.

As for threatening... that will obviously be more subtle in multi-player games, but we've done are best to include it in Single Player with the emoticons that you can attach to your diplomatic offers (not implemented in the current beta). You will be able to attach "Pleading" to "Threatening" to any offer you make to another region, including non-aggression pacts, etc...
- David

Return to “Diplomacy - State Department”