Size Should Matter

Discussion about the Diplomacy System in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

Eric Larsen
Colonel

Size Should Matter

Post by Eric Larsen »

While Yoda gave us the immortal line that "size matters not", I'd bet most women would disagree with that assertion. In diplomacy with the AI's the size of the bribe should matter.

What's the sense of being able to bribe the AI's with little rinky dink $255 bribes done daily for 30 days when the economies are operating in the hundreds of billions or even tens of trillions? I would tend to think that a measly $255 bribe would be rejected and the AI would reply with some little rejoinder about not insulting them with such a small bribe. Even for 30 days the combined bribes would only total around $7,650 and I just don't see how that could or should amuse any AI unless they are on the ropes and are truly desperate.

Influencing the AI's should be improved so that the size of the bribe matters. It should have some relevance to the size of the economies in the game. One big bribe should be just as effective, or even more so, than a bunch of small ones. A big bribe spread out over 30 days should take about 30 days to amuse the AI as it waits to collect it's goodies before deciding to play nice, whereas a large eyepopping bribe should give immediate benefits.

Right now diplomacy with the AI's seems more like a gimmick if small immaterial bribes can sway them from war to peace while a large one leaves them unimpressed. Hopefully this will be improved soon to be more realistic.
Thanks,

Eric Larsen
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

This has been mentioned in a few threads before and we've already said we agree...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: I have to say something about size but course I won't. Its all a matter of opinion. :D
In war destroy everything even the livestock.

Return to “Diplomacy - State Department”