Diplomacy with AI Impossible!

Discussion about the Diplomacy System in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

UrRuler
Corporal

Diplomacy with AI Impossible!

Post by UrRuler »

Diplomacy with AI Impossible! No matter what i try, i cant get them to agree on Cease Fire, Peace etc. i tried to give them over $200 billion, and it's refused.

Any advise, or this is what its Suppose to be.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

You have to make them like you again first.

Offer about 20 to 30 small no cost offers ,raise their diplomatic rating towards you to at least 2/3 of the bar.

Than you will be able to get any treaty you want with them.

If you are currently at war, withdrawl your troops to a safe distance.
Combat between you two will onyl make it harder to get that diplo rating bar up.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
UrRuler
Corporal

Post by UrRuler »

tkobo wrote:You have to make them like you again first.

Offer about 20 to 30 small no cost offers ,raise their diplomatic rating towards you to at least 2/3 of the bar.

Than you will be able to get any treaty you want with them.

If you are currently at war, withdrawl your troops to a safe distance.
Combat between you two will onyl make it harder to get that diplo rating bar up.
2/3 of the bar, is this diplomatic bar, cause i dont see any in the game. Where do i look for it?
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

The top bar on this pop-up.
The diplomatic rating.

Thats the bar you need to raise.You can get it too rise by offering small no cost trades to the AI region.

If they really hate you,they may turn some of these trades down, but keep at it.

You can only do circa 1 trade a day to each region now,so just plug away at them each day.

Once that bar is 2/3s full- green- you can start to get any treaty you want depending on the sweetner you throw in with your offer.

If you instead continue with the small offers til the bar is almost full, you wont even have to add any sweetners to your offers.

Also remember to put some space between your forces and theirs as combat can lower the bar,which could cancel out a succesful offers affect on the bar for that day.
Chuckle TM
dust off
General

Post by dust off »

This sound very useful: thnaks tkobo.
The_Blind_One
Colonel

Post by The_Blind_One »

just offer them like $255 dollars each time :D

You'd be amazed what 30 well placed $255 dollar bribes can do to the goverments opinion about your region :D

It doesn't matter if you send 1 million or 5 dollars, it only matters aslong as u send SOMETHING :D

Just send something 30x and they are happy and take any offer u offer...well almost :D
dust off
General

Post by dust off »

so petrol would work the same?
Hard not to give a lot with the way the slider works.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

dust off wrote:...Hard not to give a lot with the way the slider works.
Hold <alt> while using the scroll wheel, makes minor changes.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Il Duce
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Il Duce »

Another nearly critical aspect to diplo with AI's is to start early in the game. Small overtures are more likely to succeed when you don't have to compete with other relationships. Propose embassies - the AI will reply, sure, send a billion or so. Send one tenth of the reply. It usually works.
Take care not to establish too many of these - plan for the future.

Also, reduce your buildcap in teh first two years - you are not building much anyway, so take time early in the game to reconfigure your bases. Get rid of enough that you are about 5th or less on the buildcap ranking. This will definitely improve your diprelate and civrelate relationships. Then form your alliances, then build up your base structure as you need it.

Another thing to consider - I have never seen an AI region break or cancel, or accept cancellation of a diplo treaty, so be careful. They are more or less permanent.
Colorless green ideas sleep furiously [but otherwise, they do not worry and are happy].
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

They can be bought into canceling treatues.
Its on the high end of difficulty though, so get your dip rating high and then sweeten the offer.
Chuckle TM
konan
Lieutenant

Post by konan »

tkobo

nice suggestion, thank you

:-)

well now some wars could be avoided ... 8)
konan
dust off
General

Post by dust off »

Hold <alt> while using the scroll wheel, makes minor changes.
Very useful, thanks. I think thebook and in game key guide says use the shift and <> keys.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Come to think of it, that should be in the <F1> popup. Wonder how we missed that?!? :-? :oops:
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
szabfer
Captain

Post by szabfer »

Woww.... so "the small amount of money is the same as the billion dollars" is not fixed yet? Now I'm going to fix up my relationship... 8)
Eric Larsen
Colonel

Trying to mollify the AI's

Post by Eric Larsen »

I'm playing North America in the Wrold scenario and just conquered South America in 59 days despite using mostly ground pounders to do the job as I'm still trying to figure out the fine art of air and sea transport.

I ended up getting all the other AI's miffed at me as well. I haven't jumped on any of them yet and am hoping to get them to come around. I noticed some sage advice here like trying to send many little "bribes". I tried to do a one-sided deal just to give each of them something but it seems like each deal has to have both sides give something before you can send it. Is there a way to send a one-sided deal to an AI region? Or do you just offer something of good value for something of very little value in return? Several AI regions are short or critically short of products and I've been trying to bribe them into treaties by offering a lot of free product for peace.
Thanks,

Eric Larsen

Return to “Diplomacy - State Department”