Diplomacy with AI Impossible!

Discussion about the Diplomacy System in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

there is a small checkbox for "none" on the items requested side. We did this so you don't accidentally send a one sided offer.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Eric Larsen
Colonel

Found It

Post by Eric Larsen »

Balthagor wrote:there is a small checkbox for "none" on the items requested side. We did this so you don't accidentally send a one sided offer.
Chris,
After posting on this thread I went back to my game right away and found the "None" box I had been ignoring before. Have to watch the "fine print". It did work nicely as I did a test turn just to see if the AI's would bite and they all did.

Geez I was thinking what do I need with diplomacy in a wargame when I've got to conquer everyone anyway? Lots of fun stuff to consider in SR2010.

I sure will be happy when the game is fleshed out with those missing routines in the State Department. Should make diplomacy more fun and useful.
Thanks,

Eric Larsen
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Glad you're enjoying it and we also look forward to adding further depth to the game. The trick is to do it without adding complexity ;)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
NX2
Corporal

Re: Diplomacy with AI Impossible!

Post by NX2 »

I agree. The small bribe stuff is ridiculous. Shouldn't the "minister" know how to do this type of stuff? I'd love to have the film rights to the "Alamo" in this world, as everyone fights to the last person. Truman would have had to turn all of Japan into a cinder if this were the case. I realize that programming diplomatic alternatives is a lot harder that military ones, but these are so restrictive (and lacking in common sense) that it turns SR2010 into a pure war game. That's ok by me, but when all these jokers start piling on during a war, it ruins the war game aspect as well. Some reasonable surrender, or taking deals once the tide has turned would be nice. After all, it's a free for all world, with lots of re-alignments possibe.
Journier
Captain

Post by Journier »

After doing the world scenario and playing it and having to do the give gift of money 200+ times :)

can we have a repeat button? repeat and have it have the options of daily monthy yearly.

so the next day /month it does the exact same gift? but seperately from the original gift, so the ai actually likes you.

Almost like the gift buttons give this gift daily monthly daily.

For some reason im pretty sure the gift buttons doesnt work like that though.
margab
Captain

Re: Trying to mollify the AI's

Post by margab »

Edit: NM, i didn't check out the second page :roll:
"Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?"-Juvenal

Return to “Diplomacy - State Department”