Same old question. Diplomacy and so forth.

Discussion about the Diplomacy System in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

Custodius
Sergeant

Same old question. Diplomacy and so forth.

Post by Custodius »

I'm playing the Japanese campaign, in the second phase of it, in which its south east asia. Five Factions, including myself (China, Tiawan, Vietnam/SE Asia, Unified Korea and myself, The imperial dictatorship of Japan).

The scenario specifically says to try and ally with just about everyone BUT china.

However, I simply cannot make it happen. Now, I have been building up a prodigious navy and a voracious technological research level. However, nearly -every day- I have sent money, goods and tech to both Korea and Tiawan with nothing asked in return.

But neither will give me so much as an embassy. I've patched to the most recent patch available. I've experianced the same issue in every scenario I've played, resulting in a playstyle somewhat akin to blitzkrieg Germany. I am wondering if I am simply missing some basic tool of diplomacy, or what?
red
General

Post by red »

I've only played a few regions in the game where ratings allowed meaningful diplomacy. In any scenario, my games invariably deteriorate to all-out war with all regions having 0 civ/div relate towards me, and more likely than not all allied with each other (or nearly so), even when I try to be as nice and unthreatening as I can. I don't think you're missing anything, that's just the way the game is right now.
Il Duce
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Il Duce »

Keep in mind that all alliances [in this game at least] are marriages of convenience, and that ultimately you will be conquering every region with whom you ally. It's just a matter of what order you wish to do it in, and how to initiate each regional conflict.

If you can't get an alliance, you just have to find another way.

[BTW - sometimes alliances are functional, but not formal. It is often quite easy to purchase techs from regions that will refuse all treaty advances...]
Colorless green ideas sleep furiously [but otherwise, they do not worry and are happy].
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Having recently played that scenario and had no problem getting all the regions including china to ally with me, i would suspect you are simply over looking something.

Its probably your build cap.If i remember correctly the only region with a higher build cap than japan in that step of the campaign is china.

Your solution is probably as easy as lowering your cap and than using the free offers method your already using.

The only hang up i could see, possibly making it harder is that you say you are playing japan as a dictatorship rather than the default democracy.

But i do that also in some scenarios (when i dont want to deal with the local elections) and i dont think its ever stopped me from getting an ally .
Merely slowed me down.

I loaded up a save game,from the opening days,replayed it some , and was able to get Tiawan and Vietnam as allies in under one month of play.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM

Return to “Diplomacy - State Department”