AI trading wisdom

Discussion about the Diplomacy System in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

solops
Sergeant

AI trading wisdom

Post by solops »

I am playing Britain (at peace) in a Europe game. Germany is at war with almost ALL of the rest of Europe (sounds familiar....). I want to trade weapons to Germany to help him achieve a stalemate since he is slowly being crushed from ALL sides (even Denmark and the Swiss have attacked Germany!). Two problems have arisen:

1. When I try to trade Germany three tank battalions for 1/3 of their cost, he refuses or counters with a rediculous demand for additional cash amounting to as much as 100 times the value of the battalions I have already offered.

2. When I finally do make a trade, the battalions pop up in Britain and the Germans cannot seem to ship them to the mainland. I even tried giving them a transport, which sailed to Hamburg....without the troops.

Can these problems be fixed or avoided?
Il Duce
Brigadier Gen.

Precisely...

Post by Il Duce »

...You can't really trade land units - and especially, you can't trade them [or give them] to non-adjcent countries.

See thread, "A Nice Gift," (now under the artificial intelligence topic) and articles on supremewiki (pointers in this topic)....

As far as the counter-protocol [give me cash too!], apparently Germany does not trust you - look at belli and dip/civrelate in the diplo profile for Germany. It appears that AI's will look a gift horse in the mouth.
Colorless green ideas sleep furiously [but otherwise, they do not worry and are happy].

Return to “Diplomacy - State Department”