Once in a war, peace is forever impossible?

Discussion about the Diplomacy System in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

Silent Storm
Sergeant

Post by Silent Storm »

... or am I wrong?

I have never played a game (and I play ALOT) were there was peace once hostilities have begun. No ceasefire, no peace, and always new enemies as the borders shift.
Dosnt matter if you give texhs, unit and cash in the region of 50-60 billions, there will never be peace again.
Strange...

Why is there a "suppose peace", and "ceasefire"-button when they are useless?
I think, therefore I'm dangerous.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

It is possible, just uncommon. Usually wars end up with both sides hating each other.

That said, In a recent game on the Europe map as Germany, I got attacked by France, Austria, Czech Republic and Poland. After beating the French back heavily, I managed to get them to agree with peace and then actually managed to make them my ally. I could only get peace from Austria and the Czechs but Poland would not give even a ceasefire no matter what I offered. It all depends on the relations (Which currently are difficult to affect).
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

In the face of unstoppable might peace should be easier to get.
Missiles!! Nukes!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Why? If you're dead, are you just going to lay down and die or go down swinging?

I don't see it as a black and white issue, we need to make the AIs look at a LOT more factors.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Silent Storm
Sergeant

Post by Silent Storm »

Balthagor wrote:Why? If you're dead, are you just going to lay down and die or go down swinging?

I don't see it as a black and white issue, we need to make the AIs look at a LOT more factors.
That depends on the goverment? Democratic regims are not as tolerant to losses as despotic ones.
I think, therefore I'm dangerous.
red
General

Post by red »

Balthagor wrote:Why? If you're dead, are you just going to lay down and die or go down swinging?
Yeah, but right now the game doesn't handle situations where regions wouldn't have the coordination or professionalism to get everyone going down swinging. Perhaps MAR can have a negative effect on efficiency much sooner and to a greater extent, and regions can collapse with a higher MAR.
theharrisonater
Lieutenant

i had peace once

Post by theharrisonater »

i was north east US in a campain and i had declared war on western us. i offered cease fire probably a few months into the war and i got it. then i was neutral twords them. my ally mexico declared war on them because they had an incursion on their reigon by western US. I dont know why we became neutral, i just wanted peace until i could get some more cash and pay off my debt. Some of those are probably because i dont have it SR as updated as i should...
Artillery bombardment requires many tanks for defence, entrench them. If not they will die.
Kennyb77
Sergeant

it matters i guess

Post by Kennyb77 »

if the ai declares war on me before we start losing some units of heavy fighting offer them a cease fire and give them 50 to 100 billion dollers they usally take it but they never take anything even when i have them pushed back to there capital for me so i dont know
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

My experiences show you can get peace or ceasefire at any stage of a war with any region .

You just have to abuse /follow some simple steps.At the bottom part of this page is an example of peace in the middleeast under the most severe circumstances.

Now that was before this last patch.In the last patch it appears some changes were made to how the AI accepts some offers,particually,how it decides to accept "free" offers.

These free offers are a key to manipulating the AI at will.
Now the AI will sometimes turn down these free offers,which can slow down the process of getting peace or ceasefire.but it wont trun them all down for some reason, which still allows you to get there eventually.

Also there used to be an issue in which if you got a ceasefire,you were not than given a choice to propose peace afterwards.
Peace treaty option simply did not appear as a choice in the treaty section.
Not sure if this was changed in the last patch or not.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

tkobo wrote:...Also there used to be an issue in which if you got a ceasefire,you were not than given a choice to propose peace afterwards...
Still broken :-(
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Diplomacy - State Department”