Diplomacy in Demo?

Discussion about the Diplomacy System in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

mrk1lla
Corporal

Diplomacy in Demo?

Post by mrk1lla »

Does diplomacy work in the demo?I'm playing the france scenario with portugal and every diplomacy offer i make is refused...I've watched the tutorial and everything is ok,so whats the problem?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

What region are you playing as? Do they like you? All the players in the France map are fairly unfriendly towards each other I believe. The AI won't trade if it does not like you.

You may want to read through some of the threads here, there is not much difference between the demo and full version before update 3 (whcih was just posted, so won't be covered in the threads yet...)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
mrk1lla
Corporal

Post by mrk1lla »

Huh, look at this fellas...
I'm playing as portugal in the france scenario,and i tried to make peace with my my enemy Barcelona. So i first tried to soften things up with several money donations.Here's my dilema,i offer them a sum of of money and asked nothing in return and they still refused.How's that posible? I'm playing the demo,can't wait to get the full version.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

They know what you're up too...

what is their rating for diplomatic and civilian relations to you? If it is fully in the red (no bar at all) then they hate you so much that any offer of money is seen as an offer given just to try and get out on their good side. Think of it in terms of if the US gov. had offered Iraq money any time before the invasion, or even no during the clean up, does that really affect the opinion of the general population?

.. perhaps we should have the AI accept anyway and just have no increase in relations for that...?

What it comes down to is that beyond a certain point, they hate you so much any offer will be rejected without even looking at it. Means that during the game your actions caused them to see you as the ultimate enemy.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Natd8
Sergeant

Post by Natd8 »

When I try to ask for a ceasefire or peace, I always get refused. Even though it's in their best interest because I'm mopping the floor with them.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

They don't look at their position when considering ceasefire, only the relations. If they hate you, they're not willing to accept a ceasefire. This of course leads to the discussions on what should affect thier opinions of you...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

Maybe a additional reason could be there kill/death ratio vs you...

I'm sure the Germans in WW1 hated the British/Americans/French but they still made peace with them also...

How much land has been lost gained could be a reason to sue for peace... or want peace...
Supporting Nuclear Power in the UK.

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.

Return to “Diplomacy - State Department”