My diplomacy issues

Discussion about the Diplomacy System in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

Natd8
Sergeant

My diplomacy issues

Post by Natd8 »

Well, I'd better first state I only have the demo, so I'm not sure if this has been fixed yet, but here goes.

I wish there was a way to formally ask my allies to declare war on my enemies, since getting wiped off the map by an unprovoked attack and watching your ally, whom you've aided with billions of dollars, do nothing, is a quite frustrating. Especially if you have a mutual defense treaty.

I also wish there was way to form some type of pact between my allies. For example, I'm allied with New Mexico and SouthWest Texas, there should be a way to encourage them to ally and form a pact. I've never seen other AI players take the time to use diplomacy, it's always been me. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." should really be applied here. Why can't I make my own league of nations?

I also wish there was a way to see your allies relations with other countries. This would help determine who they would most support a war against, so you can target that entity.

Getting ceasefires and peace agreements is almost impossible, even with large sums of money. I always get "We have no interest for peace with your government." One time I was pulled into a war from my ally being attacked, I had no interest in getting involved in the fight, and did not have a mutual defence treaty. They did not give me any reason to save them, as when I asked for a simple plot of land (6 hexes) to build an airstrip so I could create a shorter fly distance and bomb their enemies, was declined flat out. Yet for some reason, because of THEIR war, MY world market value suffered, so did my supporting voters percent, and my DAR, but I never fired a shot...

Well those are some of the things that have really been bugging me. Thanks for your time.
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

Wishlist....

Cheers
Natd8
Sergeant

Post by Natd8 »

Sort of, I thought the things bugging me could be brought to light.
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

Agreed .... the diplo AI needs highly to be improved..

Here is a nice topic where you can vent your issues:

http://www.bgforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=5785

Cheers
Natd8
Sergeant

Post by Natd8 »

I also forgot to add that there should be a way to threaten war if your demands aren't meant. Both conventional and nuclear/chemical. Which would heavily effect your CB and DR rating.

Return to “Diplomacy - State Department”