Fair diplomacy?

Discussion about the Diplomacy System in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

Sebastiaan
Colonel

Fair diplomacy?

Post by Sebastiaan »

Alright, I want to play more with diplomacy , however, where is the line between smart diplomacy and cheating?

Because there are many exploits which can be considered cheating. For example, one side treadies, like giving money, always have the same benifical benefit to your relation, no matter the amount. You can simply give a few dolars to the rivaling nation (like a candy man) and become they best friends, or spend bilions in a single grand gesture, bwcome broke and hardy improve your relation ship.

So the question is, how to play they diplomatic game without cheating?
Sebastiaan
Colonel

Post by Sebastiaan »

anyone?
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

I wait for update #3

But you're right that diplomacy in this game is ...lets say it a bit
diplomatic... not fully implemented.

One thing (beside the money offers) that i find most annoying is when
you have an alliance you can easely direct all your troops into a region
and then say... SURPRISE....

Cheers
Sebastiaan
Colonel

Post by Sebastiaan »

Well, thats called treason and should be possible but punisched diplomaticly by droping your tready and word marked rating to 0, that way other nation will no longer trust you and you get instantly kicked
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Those are the usual effects of backstabbing an ally. The WM and you're ppl do not take kindly to you declaring war on an ally.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

Don't know if possible .. but maybe somesort of a lock on the war button
as long you have troops in that region... :-?

Cheers
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Why? People can declare war with troops stationed in that territory. Legend and I are working on reviewing what affects MAR/DAR/Civ/Dip/Belli and stuff like that, one that I've been looking at is concentrations of enemy forces in locations. I think that we will do better saying that keeping large forces in allied territory without a common neighbouring enemy can affect that regions Civilian approval and DAR so that the ally will push for you to take your forces home or start threatening to disolve the alliance.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

Balthagor wrote: I think that we will do better saying that keeping large forces in allied territory without a common neighbouring enemy can affect that regions Civilian approval and DAR so that the ally will push for you to take your forces home or start threatening to disolve the alliance.
That sounds indeed a lot better.... :-)

Cheers
Sebastiaan
Colonel

Post by Sebastiaan »

Balthagor wrote:Why? People can declare war with troops stationed in that territory. Legend and I are working on reviewing what affects MAR/DAR/Civ/Dip/Belli and stuff like that, one that I've been looking at is concentrations of enemy forces in locations. I think that we will do better saying that keeping large forces in allied territory without a common neighbouring enemy can affect that regions Civilian approval and DAR so that the ally will push for you to take your forces home or start threatening to disolve the alliance.
That sound like a very realistic diplomatic improvement. In the real world America has militairy bases in saudi arabia, which had a major negative effect on the local DAR of saudi arabia. In fact most terrorist from 9/11 came from amerias greatest ally, saudi arabia, So even if you are allied to a region and you a best budies with their goverment (badar bush), the civilian people can still whish you dead.
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

well it wasn't exactly the civilians from Saudi Arabi wanting Us ppl dead but just the terrorist that signed up under bin Laden wanting US ppl dead.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
Sebastiaan
Colonel

Post by Sebastiaan »

Well, why do you think bin laden hates the americns so much. It is because america has (infadel) militairy bases located in his (holy) country and has corrupted his family (,the rules of saudi arabia) into western lifestyles
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Sebastiaan wrote:Well, why do you think bin laden hates the americns so much.
You mean he needs a reason besides being a brain damaged psychopath pretending to be religious ?
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

tkobo wrote:You mean he needs a reason besides being a brain damaged psychopath pretending to be religious ?
Haha... this is something i completly 100% agree with Tkobo...

But please guy's lets stick to the topic please...

Cheers
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Yes, I think we all agree with the model I presented - why, if or where it matches real life doesn't matter that much.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: seems i struck a nerve somewhere. :lol: oh well.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.

Return to “Diplomacy - State Department”