Strategic increased of belli bar?

Discussion about the Diplomacy System in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

Medalmorph
Warrant Officer

Strategic increased of belli bar?

Post by Medalmorph »

Any1 know a way to strategically increase your belli against another country or increase their belli agaisnt you? I'm playing as Sweden in Europe, and i'm trying to take over Germany and that's impossible by myself...and thus if i start the war without a high enough belli, other countries will declare war onto me. I planned on getting Germany kicked out of WM and get the UK into war with them as UK is the only country that makes more than uses oil and i looked at Germany, it's almost entirely dependent on foreign oil, and if i can cut that, their forces might be grounded after a few months of battle or sooner..... Please help.
Chaim
Major

Post by Chaim »

Military build up, reserve build up, and off course, troops in the frontier.Thats what i an sure
Things that i an not so sure
-Taunt in diplomacy, like make money requests (with demanding tone)
BattleGoat
General
Human: Yes

Post by BattleGoat »

Increasing your military Build Capacity will also increase the Belli that other regions have towards you. The problem is that the WM also starts disliking you more...
- David
Blaivas
Corporal

Post by Blaivas »

BattleGoat wrote:Increasing your military Build Capacity will also increase the Belli that other regions have towards you. The problem is that the WM also starts disliking you more...
Then how to attack a neighbor without beeing kicked out of WM? I read all topics about it, but no one answered at this question.
Situation:
Currently playing German scenario as Lithuania. I want to attack Latvia (need more territory), but can't get belli bar raise (0%). I tried everything: tount on them, boycotts, all army placing around their border, raising of defcon level - nothing happens. Can't make a biggest military building capacity as West Germany has 39 - I don't have so much land ;).
So, how to begin a "safe" war?
Be patient...
haenkie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by haenkie »

Thats the tough one. It cant be done!
Just declare and just ave to see whta happens, the nasty thing is your DAR will drop, your WM rating will drop AND if you have borders to more peopel get a treaty first, because their causus belli gets 100% instantanious!

They didnt foresee these problems :D

Best testing is setting your product on the market :D
szabfer
Captain

Post by szabfer »

As far as I know, if you make a treaty with any nation, they won't broke it, even if their belli bar at 100%.
So I suggest you to make non agression pact (or something similar) with all your neighbours except the one which you want to attack, and then start the invasion. Well, the WM rating will drop, but this can be fixed by decreasing your buildcap below the highest in the region.

This shuld work...

ps: beware on the "AI declares war when you have a direct border with him" bug - so before invading, make non agression pacts with your future neighbours as well (regions which will be your neighbour after you captured the target region)

Tell me if this worked...
Blaivas
Corporal

Post by Blaivas »

szabfer wrote:As far as I know, if you make a treaty with any nation, they won't broke it, even if their belli bar at 100%.
So I suggest you to make non agression pact (or something similar) with all your neighbours except the one which you want to attack, and then start the invasion. Well, the WM rating will drop, but this can be fixed by decreasing your buildcap below the highest in the region.

This shuld work...

ps: beware on the "AI declares war when you have a direct border with him" bug - so before invading, make non agression pacts with your future neighbours as well (regions which will be your neighbour after you captured the target region)

Tell me if this worked...
Ok. I've captured Latvia in 3 days with building capacity 1 (simply used all the forces that WM gaved me).
After start of the war I began to trade money for nothing with all my neighbours (exept alliad ones). To the end of the 3rd day all the nations have belli bar lower than 88%. WM rating was 12% and raised to 13% to 5th day after invasion (2nd day after war ended). I still have the lowest build rate of the all countries.
Question 1: how quick my WM rating will raise?
Question 2: When I will get kicked off WM (when rating will reach 0% or earlier)?
Question3: If I start a war when my WM rating is, let's say, 50%. How low it'll drop?
Be patient...
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

1) depends entirely on what you do within the country, but slowly.

2) You must hit 0% to get kicked out.

3) Depends on how much justification you have and other factors like the WM rating of the region you attack.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Chaim
Major

Post by Chaim »

Does WM kick AI players? I saw Argentina getting a low rating with WM in south america map (i was playing as brazil).
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Yes, we've seen it happen and someone else on here mentioned seeing it also, don't remember who...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
haenkie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by haenkie »

one thing here, a non-aggresion pact is not as usefull as you think.
I had one with hungaria, they got to 100% belli and declared!

Formal alliance is the strongest.

Second if you cancel your WM membership before you drop evry low, you cannot be banned from certain products and you are STILL able to trade with the WM.

So WM membership comes down to: occasional shipments of supplies and sometimes a very needed design.
Sebastiaan
Colonel

Post by Sebastiaan »

You say that I can still get my oil without being member of the WM?
haenkie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by haenkie »

YES!
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: I actually cancel my membership to the WM in MP games now. doesn't affect me in any way except the money i was paying them is mine to keep now.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.

Return to “Diplomacy - State Department”