Ending war

Discussion about the Diplomacy System in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

Propane
Warrant Officer

Ending war

Post by Propane »

I have been at war for 3 years now. I have done everything i know to do to try to end this war. Nothing has worked. My last option was nukes. I nuked 2 cities, killed about 150,000 people. This just made them fight me harder, not to mention the world market relations :cry: What do I do now? I am playing as Portugal. Am at war with Paris and Marcielle.
"El protector de liberdad"
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

Retreat.
Put your units in reserve
Lower your defcon and buildcap
Try to bribe your enemies with money etc.
If they accept it then they might be in for a ceasefire or peace

GoodLuck
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: actually i think it will take more than money after u use nukes on someone. I know i have used them too and still i haven't found a way for the AI to accept at least a cease fire.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
Tomar
Sergeant

AI negotiators

Post by Tomar »

Well... It appears that AI diplomats are raving lunatic hardline serial killers just released from a maximum security prison... I have yet to see even one diplo deal accepted by the AI.... and the AI has NEVER offered me a single deal...

Consider the following.. Namibia declares war on me..... I destroy half their army and capture half their territory (the other half is not accessible by land because there is a neutral country in between).... I have an army that is 6 times larger, a tech that is at 125 while theirs is at about 90, my GNP per head is much larger, my population is 100 times bigger than theirs....My mil approval rating is at 100 percent, theirs at less than 40, my approval is about 40 theirs less than 30....Oh and they are at the same time at war with another country (south Africa)

So I try to make peace...

I offer them the following:

Restitution of all the territory I captured from them
50 BILLION $ lump sum payment (that is like twice their yearly GNP)
assorted units and techs
Oil and other commodities

Off course they simply spit at my diplomats
BigStone
General

Re: AI negotiators

Post by BigStone »

Tomar wrote: 50 BILLION $ lump sum payment (that is like twice their yearly GNP)
Try offering smaller amounts of money (or goods) per day.....
If your diplo rating increase from -outraged- to -indiferent- they might accept bigger offers...

Cheers
haenkie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by haenkie »

And after the land trade debacle, they effectively cut it out. (you could buy all the lands form your opponent). So giving lands doesnt work anymore

Return to “Diplomacy - State Department”