How do you influence the WM ?

Discussion about the Diplomacy System in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

Tomar
Sergeant

How do you influence the WM ?

Post by Tomar »

Well after a few wars (some of which were started by my neighbors) my WM rating is under 10 percent... I keep getting messages that we should increase it... Yeah, great idea , but how ?
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

Reduce your build capacity - I.E. turn off or scrap some bases.
Reduce DEFCON levels.
Put some units in reserve...

Those are a few ideas...

I'll find out the rest and post them here.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Increase speding to your social services. Especially culture,medical and environment
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

Diplomacy.. try to make some allies...

Cheers
herr neumann
Captain

Post by herr neumann »

shouldn't these recommendations be incorporated in minister's e-mail?
haenkie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by haenkie »

yes but they had trouble implemnting it
Tomar
Sergeant

Post by Tomar »

Legend wrote:Reduce your build capacity - I.E. turn off or scrap some bases.
Reduce DEFCON levels.
Put some units in reserve...

Those are a few ideas...

I'll find out the rest and post them here.
Did all of that....... DEFCON down to 1 (peace), army down from 1 Mio to 600K with about 75% in reserve.......scrapped half my mil bases... But WM rating stuck at 1%

Now I wonder, when I look at the regional report, all the countries that I annexed, still show up there as being at war... They have GNP (which is in some case growing), population (small), debt etc.....
Could it be that the WM considers that I am still at war because of that ?
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

My questions would be:

okay youve scrapped half your bases,but how much build cap do you have left.AND how does the this build cap compare to those of the other regions ?

What is your current spending in social services VS the recommended ?
Eespecially in culture and environment ?

Ive had my WM rating fall to 2 % and been able to get it back up to the circa 80% mark by simply decreasing build cap and increasing social spending.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Tomar
Sergeant

Post by Tomar »

tkobo wrote:My questions would be:

okay youve scrapped half your bases,but how much build cap do you have left.AND how does the this build cap compare to those of the other regions ?

What is your current spending in social services VS the recommended ?
Eespecially in culture and environment ?
My social spendings are about 95% of recommended, but culture is probably only about 50% (health care and eductation are much better off)... My build capability is about 20 I think (I own 90% of Africa :lol: )

I ll try increasing culture and environment spending and see what it does
haenkie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by haenkie »

alas youwont make it, your build capacity is probably the biggest one around!
You should get it at or under the highest AI player. Only then you will see a rise again. Or you should simply conquer all an dbe done with it. becaus eif you own 90% then probably there is only 1 AI player iwth a veyr low amoutn of bases left.
Tomar
Sergeant

It works

Post by Tomar »

Thanks... your advice worked....

I reduced build capacity and increased culture/environment spending... My WM rating is back up to 24 by now (from a low of 1)....

(of course the evil south africans took this opportunity to declare war on me, but thats another story)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

How much certain actions affect other regions will also depend on their AI agenda (conquest, unification, status quo, etc.) so in some cases if all neighbours are status quo, it will be much harder to provoke them. I think S. Africa was set to conquest, so always one to watch out for.

...And being attacked should have a positive effect on your WM levels (sympathy votes).
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Chaim
Major

Post by Chaim »

Hey BG i an playing at the Germany map, have 4 allies and 76% with WM, after i conquer Benelux (not allied) my WM rating drooped to 25%, i raised Social to maximun and GDP is growing but my WM ratting keep falling, oh yeah and i scraped half my bases and put lot of units in reserve, and lowered my DEF to peace. What do i do now? and if i got kicked from WM in Germany map campaign i will be kept outside in the next map?(europe i guess and them comes the world :evil: )
haenkie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by haenkie »

thats true! you wont be in in the next map, BUT! you can also increase your favor with the WM there.

OK your building capacity is a critical factor. You need to COMPARE it to the other countries in there. There is a regional comparison screen, just scroll through the different screens available.

I know for this region, the benelux have the highest buildcapacity! You conquered them, so you are now the highest. You need to look at that screen and see what your buildcap is and what the highest is (probably you) and how much you need to scrap before you are second highest again.

Conclusion: It doesnt matter how high your real buildcapacity is! You dont need to be the one iwth the highest buildcapacity!
Chaim
Major

Post by Chaim »

Well i did it, i was almost 60 build cap, now i an 21 (second place), WM keep dropping, so i raise social (specialy medical, culture and enviroment), keeps dropping, so i reduce my total army to half, from 470k to 250k, keep dropping.
And now?

Return to “Diplomacy - State Department”