Trading (buying) Units

Discussion about the Diplomacy System in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

StoweMobile
Major

Trading (buying) Units

Post by StoweMobile »

It seems the only way to buy military units from another country is from the trade window, but the problem with this is I can't select.
-it says I need an oposite info treaty or something like that. Well, I go look in the treaties options, and its not there, so how does this work.

the only thing I could think of is that you need an embasy to get the oposite info thing, but no one will agree to one (or anything for that matter). I mean geezz. What do I have to do to get someone to agree to one stinking treaty.
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

Go to the State dept....
Select ... Diplomatic offer...
Go to the avialable designs... Request a design...
And offer something in return..

Good Luck
StoweMobile
Major

Post by StoweMobile »

I don't mean trade unit desings, I mean trade for already build units.
hdevils30
Sergeant

Post by hdevils30 »

i have the same problem, it says in the main trade screen thing, wen u try to select to buy exact units, it says Need Armed reserve sumtin our another treats, and hence that box is greyed out.
StoweMobile
Major

Post by StoweMobile »

ya, and what pisses me off, is that treaty doesn't exist.

-can someone please explain how this works
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

Ooops your right.. :oops:

You need a - Reserve Info Treaty - but that option isn't avialable at this
moment.Maybe next update.... :-?
(probably the AI hasn't any reserve units...)

Cheers
StoweMobile
Major

Post by StoweMobile »

holy crap, why the hell did they release a game without something required. No offence, but the least they could of done would just be to no require a reverse info treaty for god sackes. This is really pissing me off.
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

StoweMobile wrote:holy crap, why the hell did they release a game without something required. No offence, but the least they could of done would just be to no require a reverse info treaty for god sackes. This is really pissing me off.
You're right.... but don't blame BG.....
It's more StratigyFirst (Publisher) ... you know: money... money.. money

Cheers
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

To buy from the AI in a manner you are asking for doesn't work due to the reserve info treaty that can't be signed... This treaty is very powerful because it let's a player see a region's entire reserve forces.

If implemented an AI may not ever sign this treaty and a human player would be stupid to give away that much information...

For multiplayer games you can use the diplomatic exchange window to offer troops for trade. You can give money, unit designs, etc...

Usually when we play we ask for what we want in an email and the person who has the plane, boat, unit will offer it at the price they want for the unit.

Make sure when you trade that the unit can leave your territory (if you are selling) or that the unit can get home (if you are buying it).

We have already made improvements to Supreme Ruler 2010 and we are working on updates as we are dedicated to releasing more down the road.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

info on the treaty is discussed here; http://www.bgforums.com/viewtopic.php?t ... nfo+treaty
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

But if you could sign a treaty like this with them it would be exploited to the fullest....

In my South East Asia Campaign as Korea...

I could prolly afford to buy the entire Armies of both Japan and Taiwan...

I think it should just be removed entirely...

Or maybe when you sell you units they get sent to the World Market...

And A little Screen could come up (Like in Medievil:total War) with different tabs for everything of course and then you just buy units... simple and easy if you set it up like the research screen (Just expanded so you can see more details of the units)...

Or you could get the reserve info treaty to work :D
Supporting Nuclear Power in the UK.

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Getting the treaty working is my preference. That avoids exploits if the AI only signs it with Allies.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

Maybe that is the best way to get the treaty. Doesn't make sense to let a rival or a neutral know what u got in reserve. Could have it where u couldn't ask for the treaty unless its ur ally. And have some kind of penalty for the one that tries to cancel the alliance.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

In multiplayer I do intend to use this treaty with neutrals, it's an excellent way to become a foreign arms dealer :D
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Diplomacy - State Department”