Joint research Treaty

Discussion about the Diplomacy System in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

The_Blind_One
Colonel

Joint research Treaty

Post by The_Blind_One »

I think we should have the ability to conduct research with our allies as one. Both countries then add the tech to their list and the research that is done is shared between both of them. So having 2 identical countries should add their research together on that tech so that the tech is researched faster. This would be a good viable way for small countries to do alot of research even if they are not able to afford it by themselves.

We should really be able to teamup our research abilities to increase the speed of our research. Also when u do a joint research project both of the countries should get the tech. Hey perhaps we should even ''total research share'' this share's all the research (+ tech level) with the other region. That would be really great :D
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

Na not the Tech level but the Tech would be great...

That could be exploited to easy...

Just Future Projects ,If they want others they can trade for them...
Supporting Nuclear Power in the UK.

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
BattleGoat
General
Human: Yes

Post by BattleGoat »

That's been a bit on my internal wishlist but there are some design issues that make this more complex than it would first seem.

Examples: What if you don't want to share ALL your research, just most of it (don't necessarily want the other player getting your WMD Research)

How do you see what you are working on vs. what region B, and region C are working on (if you have the same treaty with both). Again goes back to the first point a bit... what if I don't want the other guys to see everything I'm working on?

Easy cheat... other guy is doing research, so I'll stop and get all the benefits of what they're doing.

There are other issues as well... so for the time being don't expect anything with this.
- David
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

Maybe have a set lower limit when you have this treaty active...

When you set it to 0 on the research screen maybe lowest is not it so 0 is not the lowest.

Maybe have the lowest 10% of your recommended...
Supporting Nuclear Power in the UK.

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.

Return to “Diplomacy - State Department”