AI never interested in stopping treaties

Discussion about the Diplomacy System in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

haenkie
Brigadier Gen.

AI never interested in stopping treaties

Post by haenkie »

I have tried to stop my treaties in several scenarios, and now in the world map.

The AI has never accepted my offer to break it. I dont know how to break it one sided. Help? Is it even possible?

Why is that?

The game as for now, Russia hates me, really hates me. The people, the diplomats, i think even their army of sheep hate me. But i had made a treaty at the start of the game with them. Now i want to break it. i must conquer them.
But they dont want to break it. They want me to honor it. Of course i dont, but still....

Also when i nuked people (as a test), my treaties with North America and Russia held out. I didnt test it long. But why didnt they break it?
3iff
Brigadier Gen.

Post by 3iff »

Breaking a treaty is easy...

(from memory) In the diplomatic trade page, the existing agreements are listed in red with CANCEL 'treaty' as an option...

OR, clicking the handshake icon and selecting the desired nation, there's a list of existing treaties and cancelling a treaty can be done from here...

It's one of those two alternatives. I don't have SR2010 to hand as I write this!

You take a treaty reputation hit for doing this but you don't have to initiate a war...
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

Return to “Diplomacy - State Department”