How to make friends with the neighbors?

Discussion about the Diplomacy System in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

TexasDevilDog
Lieutenant

How to make friends with the neighbors?

Post by TexasDevilDog »

I haven't be able to stop the slide in relations between my country and other countries. How do you make nice with your neighbors? I am wondering if culture spending has an effect on relationship.
Genghis
Warrant Officer

Post by Genghis »

I also have probs with my neighbors. I've given away lots of cash, shared research plans and ordered my minister to try to convert neutral nations.
Those smart little fellas love my money but don't want to be friendly.
They are like leechs sucking my treasury.
TexasDevilDog
Lieutenant

Post by TexasDevilDog »

I setup from the very beginning someone I wanted to be friendly towards. I sent a proposal to that country that I would give them money every year for nothing in return, then I checked the box to give the deal no time limit. They still got mad at me. :cry:
Kriegsspieler
Captain

Post by Kriegsspieler »

You can buy a friendly diplomatic attitude from a country easily enough by repeatedly sending them little one-off packets of money.
What you can'ty do is find a way to get a country's population to not hate you. and without having at least a neutral attitude by the population, you can't make any interesting deals with a country.
Genghis
Warrant Officer

Post by Genghis »

Kriegspieler wrote:You can buy a friendly diplomatic attitude from a country easily enough by repeatedly sending them little one-off packets of money.
What you can'ty do is find a way to get a country's population to not hate you. and without having at least a neutral attitude by the population, you can't make any interesting deals with a country.
Ok I see. The population of my neighbors are outraged, that means I won't b able to make any significan progress.
haenkie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by haenkie »

kriegspieler actually you can, if they just dont hate you it is possible. Because i did it. But the one sided offers is the wya to go. Dont give much just little packages.

The offers to send monthly, daily etc is alas handled as a one-time offer. I think this will be addressed in the next update.
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

Try to establish embassies...
You've to barter a bit but in the begin of the game it should be no problem
(unless you don't have enough money.... :lol: )

Cheers
Genghis
Warrant Officer

Post by Genghis »

I suppose that giving money to our neighbors = feeding our enemies. Am I right?
Kriegsspieler
Captain

Post by Kriegsspieler »

haenkie wrote:kriegspieler actually you can, if they just dont hate you it is possible. Because i did it. But the one sided offers is the wya to go. Dont give much just little packages.

The offers to send monthly, daily etc is alas handled as a one-time offer. I think this will be addressed in the next update.
Yes, I know. I meant only to point out that sending them all those little shipments of money can't help the population's attitude toward you, and if that goes too negative you're toast as far as getting anything done diplomatically.
boon_9702
Sergeant

regarding diplomacy

Post by boon_9702 »

I know how to improve the diplomatic rating, but how about the civilian rating. i managed to bride the neighbouring country to satisfy level but their people just hate me, and none treaty can be signed
Kriegsspieler
Captain

Post by Kriegsspieler »

That's what we have been talking about here. As far as I know, it can't be done.
haenkie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by haenkie »

nope cant be done.

you can still buy general elections (vote scenarios) by doing this hundreds of times. But the people still hate you.

When you start you can pull it off to do treaties and embassies, but generally speaking the relations till decline whatever you do!

Adn kriegsieler, then we are both right :-)
BattleGoat
General
Human: Yes

Post by BattleGoat »

Not sure how much effect will be in update 3 to affect civilian opinion, but there will be more by update 4 at the latest.
- David

Return to “Diplomacy - State Department”