Bloody world market!.

Discussion about the Diplomacy System in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

Genghis
Warrant Officer

Bloody world market!.

Post by Genghis »

I installed the latest patch this week and decided to play the British isles mission.

As leader os england, I declared war on wales soon, but a few days later north england and scotland attacked me. I defeated both of them and then demolished/scraped most of my military facilities while selling units. Offered some money and military equipment to ireland but the WM keeps picking on me. They gave me a truckload of boycotts. Image

How can I change that?. I'm so mad that I'd love to nuke them out of earth Image
ozmono2005
Brigadier Gen.

Post by ozmono2005 »

You got the updates?
What is your DAR? it effect WM aproval rating
Have you been building WMDs?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Having the highest number of bases is also something that the WM looks at. Once you get kicked out of the WM, it is hard to get back in. I think you need to get your approval back to 5-10%. You can keep checking the State dept - World Market section. There is an option bottom left second panel to join the WM but until you have enough approval, they won't let you in.

- Increase DAR
- decrease build cap
- try and get peace

That's your best place to start.

So far I have managed once to get back into the WM after being kicked out. It is intended as a very heavy consequence for pissing off the WM. The questions on at what point the WM should get this ticked off could be discussed further in a new thread in "Issues" if you think you where unjustly kicked out.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Genghis
Warrant Officer

Post by Genghis »

My DAR is 29-32
After I unified the UK territory I sold most of my units and demolished/scraped several military facilities.
Decreased military spending.
Built more factories.
Gave away lots of money to the irish plus research plans.
However, the irish unfriendly stance did not altered a bit and the WM kicked me out. As result, I'm quickly running out of money.Image

Unification vote is scheduled for 2011. I conquered the island so I think that kind of referendum makes no sense. If those against the union win I will lose the territories?.
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

how in the world do u get that chair bangin on here?
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
Genghis
Warrant Officer

Post by Genghis »

bergsjaeger wrote:how in the world do u get that chair bangin on here?
FireFox rulez. A have this extension that allows me to add smilies to any forum.
https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/m ... php?id=375
haenkie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by haenkie »

If you dont have it ALL you can still lose the voe indeed. when the WM kicked you out your own people probably dont want to vote for you either!

Sending a loyt of one sided offers, will get you a better diplo rating AND get more votes to you.

I got back in the WM after i did this. I got kicked out because i broke 2 diplo agreements. i didnt know how to end them nicely and they didnt want to.
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

can't get the chair bangin to work right :cry:
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
Genghis
Warrant Officer

Post by Genghis »

bergsjaeger wrote:can't get the chair bangin to work right :cry:
Only the chair or all the smilies?.
After installing the extension go to view ->toolbars -> custmize and drag the smiley icon to the toolbar.
Click on the icon and you will get a drop-down category menu. Select the category and then the smiley you want. Above the category menu you'll see 5 icons, you must click on the 3rd icon (insert forum code icon). That's all you have to do.
Some of those icon will let you preview the smilies.

After installing the extension you have to restart FF.

Return to “Diplomacy - State Department”