Existing treaties should have more of a positive effect +

Discussion about the Diplomacy System in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Existing treaties should have more of a positive effect +

Post by tkobo »

I think that existing treaties should have a more measureable positive effect.

I believe that if you have every treaty possible, you should be able to do some things the other regions dont like (EI build up military bases and units) without taking the hits and having thier beli bar increasing.

A strong ally is a good thing to have.So making yourself stronger should be viewed as a good thing by your allies.

ALSO

Minister settings should have a more measureable effect on your allies .

If i have every help ally minister setting in effect, i should again be given more leeway in what i can do that "might" be viewed as negative, without taking the hits i do now.

SO

If i have every treaty and every minister setting saying (help allies) ,thier beli bars should NOT be gettiong worse towards me unless I do something drastic- like declare war/ nuetral intrusion/boycott a friend of thiers/etc...

Lastly , Id like to see a "peaceful join my region" diplomatic treaty.

One that if i run my country so damn well, the neighboring regions will possibly be able to be talked- via this treaty- into simply joining my region under my leadership.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Kriegsspieler
Captain

Post by Kriegsspieler »

Yes! (To all of the above).
Diplomacy is either too hard and/or too inscrutable in its workings.
Tonto
Sergeant

Post by Tonto »

Just played a little Knights of Honor, a very nice diplomacy game setup they have.
Much simpler layout (fewer options), but then with most of the options of SR2010 being of questionable use it's probably the same.

Treaties and peace are accepted. You can see quickly who likes who for the whole map. AI will open discussions with you all the time. Building up armies make the others respect you more and LESS likely to go to war (as they will get crushed). It's when you actually go to war that you get the penality of countries not liking you. So there's a good strategy aspect on not going to war with popular countries, or everyone hates you which is dangerous as noted below. Also causes some interesting alliance clusters instead of just everyone hating the big guy.

Had a battle by declaring war on York (it's medievel stuff if you didn't already guess) who had lots of enemies already (York had recently expanded). He was friendly with me but with no treaty so no negative effect for sticking the knife in the back (my friendliness was actually making other countries not like me). Not only did other countries join in, but I got lots of congratulatory notices from the AI (AI sent them, nice!) with improving relations while I pounded away. Afterwards I gone from neutral to friendly with most of the other countries.

A simple, but nice and effective diplomacy setup. Having the AI talk back and make offers makes a big difference.

T.

Return to “Diplomacy - State Department”