Tale of diplomacy working

Discussion about the Diplomacy System in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Tale of diplomacy working

Post by tkobo »

Okay, i figured one of the hardest regions to play would be one of the smallest african regions.

So here I am , playing as the African Confederation.I spend years building up my allianace with my nieghbors (Nigeria,Cameroon,Morrocco)- except one(Niger).If you give the map a good look over,you can see my plan very easily :lol:

I have gotten every treaty with three of my nearby neighbors and thier Belli bars are all like 20% or lower to me.

Now the one nieghbor I didnt want any treaties with is Niger.I spent all game so far either ingoring them or sending them threating treaty offers asking them to pay me things- the actual things didnt matter - it was whatever i felt like asking for at the time to piss them off :lol:

Took a while ,but this and staging large amounts of troops on thier border got them to declare war on me :lol:

Well, my three other allies didnt like that and ALL three of them declared war on Niger. :lol:

So here we are, my belli bard has gone down even further as my allies didnt like Niger declaring war on me, they also declred war on Niger and 2 of them have already invaded Niger :lol:

Having a real blast ! :lol:
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
haenkie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by haenkie »

IT WORKS!!!

:-) :-) :-)
november
Lieutenant

Post by november »

good to know
isupreme
Captain

Post by isupreme »

great share....

I have been generally pleased with my abiltiy to seek some ceasefires lately.......
Viperace
Lieutenant

Post by Viperace »

Good to know that alliance will actually work.

BTW, when Niger declare on u, does ur WM relation drops ?
haenkie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by haenkie »

it should not!
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

My WM market relations always got to the pits sooner or later.

I usually favor military and economy over dar.This means the WM will hate me in the long run even if nothing esle bad were to happen the entire scenario.
Chuckle TM
CrazyCarolinian
Sergeant

Post by CrazyCarolinian »

i still havent gotten my allies to help me out defensively :oops: maybe its because im playing the demo (full version on the way)
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Yet another case for me.
I live in Pa and so decided to play that campaign.The second stage(scenario) of it was a Unified Pa. (me), maryland (AI) and NJ (AI).

Having lived in NJ ,i decided that was the region i was NOT going to have diplomacy with.

So i set out to win every treaty possible with maryland.Didnt take long and Maryland was my buddy-we had all the treaties possible and Marylands Belli bar was 0 to me.

I was willing to let NJ live if it didnt come after me or my ally.Sadly for it, it came after me.
Maryland imediately declared war on NJ.

I decided to fight an all defensive war and see just what maryland would do.
Two or three weeks into the war and maryland had still not fired a shot against NJ.
So i decided to give them some more reason.I moved a mixed stack of 5 artillary and 2 infrantry into maryland and right to its border with NJ.

No sooner had my troops arrived than maryland started to move troops there itself.Soon my artillary was trading shoots across the border with NJ.
Not long after maryland invaded NJ with the circa 8 units it had moved to the border location near my artillary.
Maryland followed those up with more units and almost single handedly took the bottom 2/5s of NJ.Including an army base and an air facility.

At this point, not wanting to lose out on the spoils i also invaded.

NJ didnt last long after that.Maryland is now larger,Pa is now larger,both are still buddies(maryland still has a 0 belli bar to me) and NJ is history.

Oh and the WM is still "delighted" with me,which is kinda a first for me :lol: .Usaully at this stage the WM hates my guts.
Chuckle TM
dust off
General

Post by dust off »

That's interesting Tkobo, I'm going to give it a try.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Absolutely best case so far.

Okay, its NJ( which consists of Pa,Nj,Maryland-me-wish it was still called Pa :P ), NY(AI),Michigan(AI),New England(AI),Illinois(AI) and Minnesota(AI).

I acguire all the treaties with NY and Illinois.New England and Michigan become allies also.

My belli bar has been climbing vs N.E. from the begining. I wait til I am at a belli of 91 and than declare war on N.E.

My allies do not declare war.However, in order for me to get at N.E. I have to travel thru N.Y.

While doing so,N.E. and I exchange artillary fire.The artillary fire goes on for a while as i position my troops to invade from the north east corner of N.Y. into N.E.

Not sure if it was the presence of my troops, the artillary fire from N.E. into N.Y.,etc... But N.Y. soon declares war on N.E.

Than Michigan who was N.E.'s ally ,declares war on me.

I am so hoping Illinios will declare against michigan and that N.Y. will declare agaisnt michigan also.

But so far ive managed to start a nice little war that has drawn the majority of the allies on the map into it.

Edit one- becuase its getting better.

Hahhahaha-its working Illinois just declared war on michigan.I didnt see the announcement ,but all of a sudden i hear large amounts of missile fire again.
So i look at NY who opened its war with a large amount of missiles- it wasnt them, so i start to look over the map and find that Illinios is in large battle with michigan.

All i want now, is for N.Y. to declare war on michigan .That would make this perfect.
Oh and maybe Illinios to declare war on N.E. :lol:
Chuckle TM

Return to “Diplomacy - State Department”