Why are embassies hard to get?

Discussion about the Diplomacy System in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

Kriegsspieler
Captain

Post by Kriegsspieler »

Little daily does of gifts to a country clearly DO improve the country's diplo attitude toward you and the gifts reduce the other country's causis belli.
BUT -- if their people's attitude toward your country remains bad there still seems to be NOTHING you can do to get them to make a pact with you, for exchange of embassies, non-aggression, etc. I still don't see any way to overcome the hostile feelings of the population, no matter what the government's attitude is.
deanco
Major

Post by deanco »

Legend wrote:It seems that in this post people are changing one game element (getting an embassy) and then figuring that things should be getting better... but there hundreds of factors that affect things in the game. This sort of thinking is like saying, "I gave my wife a rose and she isn't getting happier" but what you aren't considering is that you come home late, leave the "seat" up, don't make the bed, and watch too much TV. There are many factors at work in the game.
Yes, but Legend, if a guy like Kriegspieler, who's really into this stuff, can't understand it, what hope is there for mere mortals? To carry your analogy out furthur, Kriegspieler, with his experiments and his interest in understanding, is TRYING to understand why his wife is unhappy, he's saying, 'hmm, I also remembered to make the bed, I watched less TV, stopped drinking with the guys, etc etc.'

If there are reasons, but no one can understand them, it's almost like having no reasons at all, if you get my drift.

Kinda like women, actually. :)

DeanCo--
Kriegsspieler
Captain

Post by Kriegsspieler »

It's true -- I've tried everything to "satisfy" make my regional "partner"!
:lol:
Xetal
Lieutenant

Post by Xetal »

Krieg:

If it's really so much like a woman, why not just send them chocolate and roses... always seems to work for me!

8) 8) 8)
Kriegsspieler
Captain

Post by Kriegsspieler »

Chocolate and roses -- hmmm . . .
Can't seem to find those on the list of things to be offered.
Those have gotta be put on the wish list.
Xetal
Lieutenant

Post by Xetal »

lol!

Krieg... always trying to butter Italy up for a little TLC. All they want is chocolate, roses, some attention, and maybe your hades class nuclear warhead techlology. They don't call um' mood-makers for nothing!
Viperace
Lieutenant

Post by Viperace »

Back to the diplomacy department :D

The 100x one lump sump of 1dollars is a serious bug . I can improve relation wif other region easily by doing this. Need to be fix in the next update.

Aside from that, we desperately need a good list of "things to do that please ur neigbour".
haenkie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by haenkie »

if that gets fixed then i can do nothing anymore...
then there must be a serious fix for the AI!

Return to “Diplomacy - State Department”