Mutual Defense

Discussion about the Diplomacy System in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

CrazyCarolinian
Sergeant

Mutual Defense

Post by CrazyCarolinian »

sory if this has been mentioned before but my allies wont honor their mutual defense treaty with me. yesterday i was playing as paris and i allied with barcelona and got a mutual defense treaty soon after marseills attacked me and barcelona was nowhere to be found whats up with that? by the way i am loving this game cant wait untill i get the full game
chris953
Warrant Officer

Post by chris953 »

I open a post about this problem but I have no answer. :cry:
3iff
Brigadier Gen.

Post by 3iff »

It could be that you got the mutual defence AFTER Marseilles went to war with you. Maybe the pact only triggers when a nation declares war on you rather than operating on an existing war...

There again, there is no compulsion for another country to honour its pacts...
CrazyCarolinian
Sergeant

forgot a period :oops: i mean that i got the mutual defense pact before i was attacked by marseills
haenkie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by haenkie »

i have had the same and i dont know the answer, I made a few pacts and no body stepped in. Then i didnt step inw hen thye get a war. No repercussions that way round, prob reversed isnt either.
CrazyCarolinian
Sergeant

has anyone ever had the ai honor a mutual defense treaty?
Augustheat
Warrant Officer

Post by Augustheat »

i think i read somewhere that the war needs to be justified...like if you delcare war on someone whom your allies get along with they wont defend you...not 100% sure but i think i read something like that
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

I had Maritimes attack Quebec (they where my ally with MD) after Quebec attacked me (Ontario).

They will only attack if they have high justification. The declaration of war on you will increase your allies justification against them but is affected by many factors.

The AI's reaction to Mutual Defense is still open for some adjustment so if you have further comments/suggestions of what situations it should/should not get involved, please post.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Lord Khazad
Sergeant

Post by Lord Khazad »

Balthagor wrote:I had Maritimes attack Quebec (they where my ally with MD) after Quebec attacked me (Ontario).

They will only attack if they have high justification. The declaration of war on you will increase your allies justification against them but is affected by many factors.

The AI's reaction to Mutual Defense is still open for some adjustment so if you have further comments/suggestions of what situations it should/should not get involved, please post.
Well, it could be based on
1. how long the mutual alliance has been in place.
2. your allies relationship with you
3. your allies relationship with the enemy attacking you
4. the enemies military strenght (obviously)
5. your allies millitary strenght

what do you think about that?
Glory Glory Man Utd
kahulbane
Private

Post by kahulbane »

Add to that list the number of peeps declaring war on you unpravoked, I am playing the world map and I am europe and have north and aouth america as allies.

rusha and middle east attacked me, then africa, all unpravoked, and no ally help. I need resorces so bad and gas, omg the gas, and my allies do nothing to help, they will not even give me petrol.

and thier governments, and peeps love me.

it is a very sad and agrivating day in europe right now.
I can also email in may save at this sad point if dev would like to look at current conditions to see if they feel that my allies should get off thier buts!!
haenkie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by haenkie »

i have tried hard to get petrol in that scenario, it is possible. I have payed off everyone with small bribes enough so i can keep some peace.

First middle east, then africa and the russia declared. Middle east was easy. First running through turkey, then hit him with a 2 pointer attack along the border of russia and india/pakistan and along the suez canal into kuwait. Then i just took their capital and they surrender. Africa is though, the country is so big with ntohing in it. You have to have loads of supply trucks or a bunch of foot troops (marines etc) they save you your petrol. I kept paying off russia, because they wanted tod eclare me badly. keeping up the defcon 3 is a bitch in europe
haenkie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by haenkie »

oh yeah NA didnt step in with me either
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Lord Khazad wrote:Well, it could be based on
1. how long the mutual alliance has been in place.
2. your allies relationship with you
3. your allies relationship with the enemy attacking you
4. the enemies military strenght (obviously)
5. your allies millitary strenght

what do you think about that?
Some reasonable suggestions, I will pass them along to George...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Viperace
Lieutenant

Post by Viperace »

I got some fundamental question

What is the difference between Formal Alliance and Mutual Defense in this game??

Non-aggresion pact , peace treaty is self explanatory though.
haenkie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by haenkie »

a formal alliance consist of a bunch of passage treaties and line of sight and i think a non-aggression pact. mutual defense should be that the other guy helps out when YOU get attacked.

Return to “Diplomacy - State Department”