No
26%

Total votes: 23
tboy21
Major

Tutorial - how to make the Diplomatic relations better

Post by tboy21 »

A.K.A - How to make the AI accept treaties

here is a typical situation (from the - MidEast scenario)

The not so wanted situation: you play as israel - at the first attempt you play as every beginer playes, send a diplomatic offer to syria, and syria sais that they wont deal with you.. after few times that no alliance have been signed you wait a few days and then a war start, you conquer syria - meet Iraq - that declares war, continue the war and then Iran joins and so on until you runout of money and goes bankrupt... GAME OVER

and here is how it should be
you are Israel and Syria is about to decalre war, you dont want war (atleast not now;)) so to delay or even prevent war you'll need the diplomatic tool!

- to be able to sign treaties (the important ones - such as alliances and such) you'll need the AI's Diplomatic rating (under the AI's flag in the relations section) to reach atleast a 'satisfied' rating (if the civilian rating bar is at least in the middle) and 'pleased' (if the civilian rating is at the bottom)

Q: how do you realy gets to the point that a foe becomes your 'best friend'?

A: propose alot of one-sided-treaties such as:

- money (recomended): send small amounts of money each time and you'll see the dip. rating goes up each time a little bit

- research (If you dont have alot of money):
not recomended, use as little as you can untill you can sign the not threating treaties such as free trade and such

- resources: the same as money

Q: I sent money 2-3 times and still cant sign a treaty - it looks hopeless

A: nothing is hopeless, patience is the key - send ALOT of one-sided-treaties and at the same time look at the relations section - if the dip. relations reached 'satisfied' and you still cant sign an alliance, give the AI more money untill the AI's Dip. rating reaches 'pleased' rating, you can allways add some money to the alliance offer to sweeten the pill
Last edited by tboy21 on Jun 06 2005, edited 2 times in total.
tboy21
Major

Post by tboy21 »

hope this tutorial helps you all for a better gameplay :)
tboy21
Major

Post by tboy21 »

BTW: please answer the poll at the top, its realy impotant to me
tboy21
Major

Post by tboy21 »

If it didn't helped you - please post what you've done and I'll help you to solve the problem

I've tested it - and even syria made an alliance with me

and another important thing - It takes ALOT of one-sided treaties to raise the relations high enough.
CrazyCarolinian
Sergeant

Post by CrazyCarolinian »

your suggestions helped me out but i cant seem to send one sided treaties involving money. do i have to request something in order to give money? :oops:
tboy21
Major

Post by tboy21 »

at the bottom right side in the 'treaty somthing' :) there is - a "request none"
mark it and U be able to send the treaty
Xetal
Lieutenant

Post by Xetal »

It seems kind of cheesy to have to click into diplomacy, send a tiny amount of money, and rinse/repeat 100 times to improve releations.

Realistically they would be just as happy getting 100m one time as they would getting 1m 100 times... and it would save 30 minutes of pointless clicking :p
tboy21
Major

Post by tboy21 »

you'r right' and the thing is that doesn't matter if you send 1m or 100m it's the same effect :roll:
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Xetal wrote:It seems kind of cheesy to have to click into diplomacy, send a tiny amount of money, and rinse/repeat 100 times to improve releations.

Realistically they would be just as happy getting 100m one time as they would getting 1m 100 times... and it would save 30 minutes of pointless clicking :p
This is an identified bug. We will be rebalancing how the AI views free offers but the amount does make a difference when part of a deal. If they say Ally for Ally if you pay 2billion and you counter with 1.8B, they might accept, but with 100M, they will reject.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tboy21
Major

Post by tboy21 »

Balthagor wrote: This is an identified bug. We will be rebalancing how the AI views free offers but the amount does make a difference when part of a deal. If they say Ally for Ally if you pay 2billion and you counter with 1.8B, they might accept, but with 100M, they will reject.
and what about the diplomatic rating? will it change dramaticly if you give him an extremly amount of money?

and what do you mean - about the "rebalancing"?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I mean that telling you what it does now won't help you because it will work differently after a future update.

Rebalancing means we will change how the AI looks at offers and makes decisions to accept/reject/counter in particular where money is involved.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tboy21
Major

Post by tboy21 »

Balthagor wrote:I mean that telling you what it does now won't help you because it will work differently after a future update.
details please. :-?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

What details are you looking for? Explaining rebalancing would take as long as doing the rebalancing...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tboy21
Major

Post by tboy21 »

OK... will it be easier to make the AI happy?
(raising the diplomatic relations)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I have no idea, we're not yet doing the rebalancing...

I'm not going to make promises ahead of time, I've done that before and gotten jumped on when things changed.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Diplomacy - State Department”