Cassus Belli and War

Discussion about the Diplomacy System in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

magogian
Lieutenant

Cassus Belli and War

Post by magogian »

Okay first off, I want to say how much I am loving this game. I haven't loved a strategic game like this since High Command (way way back for those who remember).

I do have a question though. I am playing the campaign. I started as Jacksonville, conquered Florida quite easily.

Now, I am playing for domination of the SouthEast. I've made a formal alliance with Arkansas. Georgia was stupid enough to attack me, so Arkansas and I beat up on Georgia destroying her. Now, Carolina (who also has an alliance with Arkansas) attacks me. However, I find that at each step when attacked (by Georgia first and then by Carolina) the Cassus Belli for other nations to attack me increases. I'm the one attacked and somehow its made easier for other regions Carolina, and Tennessee to attack me. I don't see how this makes sense.

Also, I've started to beat back Carolina however they refuse any cease fires or peace treaties even if I throw in billions of dollars or expensive technologies. I could understand them not wanting peace if I attacked them. But they attack me and they have to "fight to the death"?

I am loving the game overall. But there still seem to be some diplomacy issues that detract from the game experience.

Also, I know this unrelated, but pleaseeeeeeeeee give us range circles so we can select a unit and see how far it can shoot on the map (without having to remember hex size and range and then calculate it each time in our heads.)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Range circles are on our wishlist so don't loose hope.

As for the diplomacy issues, if the belli bar increased, it was due to something else. Being attacked should not increase other regions belli against you. The only exception to that might be if Georgia had REALLY strong ties to the other thus making them want to "join their ally" but I'm not even sure that would cause an increase. Tennessee and Carolina might have already been seeing an increasing belli that had nothing to do with Georgia's attack.

As for the ceasefire, check their civilian and diplomatic ratings. If they really hate you, no amount of bribery is going to make them accept.

As mentioned in some other threads on this issue, if you have a specific situation where you think the other region should be accepting ceasefire or peace, give us the example, but provide LOTS of details.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
magogian
Lieutenant

Post by magogian »

Maybe an easier question to address is does the AI ever accept ceasefires? I've played around a few times and haven't found that it will- let alone offer one.

If it will, are there some basic conditions? (aside from them having a good diplomatic and civilian rating to you. Which, btw, would seem to negate the possibility of ever getting a ceasefire because every time war breaks out - regardless of who started it - the ratings go to nothing everytime.
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

On a belli bar i had an ally's go up for me. It started at 0 is now at 32 and its only been 2 months. Not sure y they starting to want war because i did nothing to em in any way.

Bergsjaeger= mountain hunter
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Have you done something to someone they might be friends with?...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
konan
Lieutenant

Post by konan »

:roll:

only a small intermission ... right latin word is "CASUS BELLI" and not "CASSUS" ... :roll:
konan
CrazyCarolinian
Sergeant

Post by CrazyCarolinian »

the ai accepted a cease fire with me but i had to give them alot of tech and money then they broke it about a month later :lol:
isupreme
Captain

Post by isupreme »

for the record ive had some great ceasefires. One just after they attacked and i had not returned fire yet. I just asked and they agreed. Of course they had just taken a couple of my towns and oil!

one i liked i split their territory in half and asked they agreed. That one has held a long time as i am now in battle with another country.

Another a little bribery did the trick. The battle had been costing us both dearly.

:)
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

no but one of the regions declared war on my ally so i declared war on that region then my ally and me won the war and the belli went up but its going up like 1% every week now. it might be they want war or something because their ppl concern with me. I wonder if building nukes are a factor?

Bergsjaeger= mountain hunter

Return to “Diplomacy - State Department”