No more diplomacy after afew years/ coming near an election

Discussion about the Diplomacy System in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

haenkie
Brigadier Gen.

No more diplomacy after afew years/ coming near an election

Post by haenkie »

It is like this: I played the nordic states in the europe scenario. I bribed everone to like me. And they diplomatically really did. So ater thinking it through, buying research is SO much cheaper then developing it yourself i did that, i traded for science a few times, go my hands on some juicy science. But then i stopped for a while, now after 1.5 years i wanted some sort of research ( cough ICBMs cough) but France wouldnt have it, i still kept paying him money with no return to win the election. So his diplo was really affectionate with me but no trade. I tried giving him much more then it was, like 15 billion for a 2 billion tech.

But still it said refused and no explanation giving or a chance on a counteroffer. He had no petrol i offered him that to, even withmany mil goods (remember they love you when you want to trade with this, i got 15 billion of tech for 6 billion of military goods). Then i started thinkin g, i tried to trade for cheap unit research and he again refused to give it to me. even when giving him 15 billion in returns for 30 million research...

Meanwhile i kept giving everyone 1 million with nothing in return, so i got 20% of the votes behind me, every country loved me but didnt want to trade anymore...

Is it because of the election coming? or is the years passing and the AI doesnt want to anymore?

Also why does the WM drops his rating of me, got it to 100% ended with 90%, when i didnt change my settings and kept on doing the same thing, build no units and keep giving everyone money? I also had everyone allianced from my side (my treaty rating was low due to the last scenario).
Alexender00
Sergeant

My answer

Post by Alexender00 »

Here's what I think (from experience), It's true that the country seem to be harder to negociate after a while but I also find that either some country grant a higher value to some tech or outright refuse to trade them. Here's an exemple that happended to me. Mind that all trade where within a week

Traded Nuclear Weapons form Western US (Not construction nor desing only experimental tech) with money (about the same value) and threat (all those pesky units at it frontier scared him I guess :P

Tried to Negociate for Nuclear Missile Design to no avail

Tried to negociate for a B2 bomber to no avail...

Some tech are not obtainable
Plus I find that trading concept tech for unit design never work also applicable vice versa... Always give a slight advantage to whom you trade with... I found that trading 30B for 15B makes them refuse some time.

Anyway they are my own two cents... hope it helped
tboy21
Major

Post by tboy21 »

wmd weapons (and research) are not tradable

Return to “Diplomacy - State Department”