civil rating - a way to improve relations?

Discussion about the Diplomacy System in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

tboy21
Major

civil rating - a way to improve relations?

Post by tboy21 »

I have improved the diplomatic rating by sending money, but the civil-rating stayed the same, how can improve the civil-rating?

(not the internal civilian rating)
tboy21
Major

Post by tboy21 »

can someone answer me please?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

I've left a note for George to provide some info, but it has been about 6 hours since your original post. Please allow time for us to read the threads.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

*Bump*
Supporting Nuclear Power in the UK.

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

There is no 'quick answer' way to improve civilian approval between regions - this is modelled after the fact that in the real world it does take a considerable amount of time for civilian attitudes to change - at least for the better.

There are may ways to shift Civilian approval to the worse - attacking, for instance, or just being a big bully in your region - but the starting value of civ relations is meant to encompass the existing relationships in the real world - Syrians hate Isralis, Pakistanis don't take easily to Indians, etc.

Civ relations will change slowly, meaning that if you have generally good relationships in the region and possibly are getting beat on by others, then you may find that you are looked on a bit more approvingly; but there really isn't any single substantial thing you can do to improve your approval with the civilians of other regions.

-- George
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

Thx

At least I know now...

Demanding Goods and Blowing up their cities is not a good way to make them like me :P
Supporting Nuclear Power in the UK.

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

Actually ever treaty that suceeds helps improve relations a bit. made up a treaty with a region once it was non agression both ways. And while i waited for the treaty to be accepted or not i looked at the screen that shows all the relations between the region and me. When the treaty was accepted all the relations improved some and the cause for war for both of us decreased by 2%.

Bergsjaeger= mountain hunter

Return to “Diplomacy - State Department”