Buying land, COMPLETELY BROKEN

Discussion about the Diplomacy System in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Well it seems we're getting onto two separate issues.

Post Nuclear - AI is not accepting land
Glorius - Can't get peace

To Glorius, we have other discussions about this but I would expect they refuse because they don't like your region. Check the diplomatic relations.

To Post Nuclear, if you disagrees with how it is evaluating land offers...
Balthagor wrote:If anyone disagrees with that, be sure to give examples of in what circumstance you think the AI should accept land trades. Please give as much detail as possible.
I need more details. Much more details.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

Land Trade should main be used for making peace...

You give 60 hex back around their capital and they give you peace etc

The AI should mark out the land and (of coarse) you get to look at whats its chosen first...
Supporting Nuclear Power in the UK.

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Decimatus »

AI should accept reasonable land for land trades. Not sure how the AI would determine "reasonable", but sometimes land gets rather choppy after a war, and it would be nice to be able to smooth it out some.

Also, there should be some tag system where an AI takes your land, but you still claim the land. So, in peace negotiations you can click an option to put all your stolen land on the table.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Decimatus wrote:...Not sure how the AI would determine "reasonable"...
Well now that's the real trouble, isn't it? :P

And for the AI knowing how to make land tags, that is even more complex.

Until we can come up with solutions to these issues, I don't see the AI being able to trust that a land trade is "in it's favor".

An exploit we are concerned with, you're being attacked by AI #1 so you sell a 1 hex wide strip running north/south that creates a barrier against him and offer it to AI #2. If he accpets, it really screws things up and the AIs will have a hard time figuring out how to get around it. It just feels likes something that is too easily abused.

We've seen the abuse in Multiplayer dev games between players already!
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Gotthard
Warrant Officer

Post by Gotthard »

The AI also makes counter offers that are stupid.

I offer him a unit edsign, worth 500k, for one worth 75k.

He responds by adding 6.7B to my offer, like I PAY 6.7B for his 75k unit.
Not very balanced... definately they play hardball.
Pajari
Warrant Officer

Post by Pajari »

Maybe the enemy didn't want to surrender because it knew you were about to ruin your economy.!
There's very little chance of that, and does it matter? If syria is getting ground into a fine dust, then shouldn't they be grasping at every last straw for peace? The AI never makes peace with you, ever- this isn't just a land trades issue.

In fact, the AI never agreeing to peace is the only real problem with the diplomacy- everything else, especially in Update 2, is pretty good (except I wish the AI would make diplomatic offers to you and agree to your diplomatic offers easier :-) ).
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I've been able to get the AI to agree to peace. Please give examples of cases where you thought the AI should accept and include the diplomatic rating, civilian rating and Belli rating of that player towards your region.

Or even better, when you try and they refuse, send me the savegame in e-mail with details and we'll review the specific cases. No garuntee on turn around time if I start getting flooded with these ;)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Glorius
Sergeant

Post by Glorius »

I would have a question:

I have made another peace with another country. It was a simple peace-paece offer. He accepted, and the land I have conquered stayed on my hands...how is it possible?

And how the loyalty of a region will change?

Thanks in advance!
Raider
Sergeant

Post by Raider »

when you try and they refuse, send me the savegame in e-mail with details and we'll review the specific cases
I have all treaties except an alliance with S. Germany and in being at war with W. Germany I re-captured some of his land and a little of W. Germany,I have tried to give S. Germany his land back with nothing in exchange and he still refuses. Is this an example you want?
haenkie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by haenkie »

No he wanted to see a faile dpeace offer from your side, iwth giving lands etc in return. Maybe more in scenarios where you kill of the other guy.

but you giving lands to West Germany and he refuses is also a nice one to send I think.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Glorius wrote:I would have a question:

I have made another peace with another country. It was a simple peace-paece offer. He accepted, and the land I have conquered stayed on my hands...how is it possible?

And how the loyalty of a region will change?

Thanks in advance!
You negotiated peace without dealing with the land, so the land you conquered is yours now.

As for loyalty, it only changes between scenarios of a campaign, not during a scenario.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Glorius
Sergeant

Post by Glorius »

Aham...thanks.
post_Nuclear
Sergeant

Post by post_Nuclear »

I am sorry for my abscence , but I was not able to play those days...
I will try to give more information as soon as possible...

btw, I just got an idea...why don't you make the newly conquered territory not usable until the peace agreement. This new tag for the territory will make the AI to decide more easily when to accept peace proposals. For example , if the newly conquered territory is a given % from its overall territory , and the AI does'nt have military forces, it will be made to accept. The peace negotiatons will define the territory border and so on...I know that idea is CRAZY and it requires a looot of work , but it's just a thought

Return to “Diplomacy - State Department”