Diplomacy with update#2

Discussion about the Diplomacy System in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

What are their Civ opinion and Diplo rating to you?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

haha :lol: i just read that. Now i haven't destroyed every city just the most populated and also the capitals. That's what they get for declaring war on me and besides they killed some of my civilans And no one i mean no one gets away with that :evil: . As for the treaties they do work better. I have got a treaty signed for everyone possible at one time or another. Even had a non agression with one i liked to invaded and an alliance with another and it ended up with them 2 fighting. So i waited till the one i hated got beat up good then i invaded course i never took the capital it was in ruins for some reason. :wink:

Bergsjaeger= mountain hunter
dust off
General

Post by dust off »

No diplomacy in world map :-(
And isn't the world map the one that most ask after :-?
SamuraiGG
Warrant Officer

Post by SamuraiGG »

dust off wrote:No diplomacy in world map :-(
I'm sure someone will mod a world map that allows easier diplomacy.
Zickefoose
Warrant Officer

Post by Zickefoose »

SamuraiGG wrote:
I'm sure someone will mod a world map that allows easier diplomacy.
I would like to see more regions on the World Map, I understand that this is based in the future but I would not mind if I could choose between a little more ( I.E. Canada, Germany, U.S., Japan ect. ) That I feel would work out alot better for every gamer.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Actually, as reflected by Zickefoose's post, the map "most asked for" is a World map with more regions. The world map we provided was the one we needed for the campaign end. In that one, the nations don't really like each other. There is diplomacy, Tkobo mentioned some, just not very friendly nations.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
3iff
Brigadier Gen.

Post by 3iff »

Diplomacy in France scenario, demo + update 2

Well I can now make alliances. It's not mind numbingly impossible as it used to be...

As Paris, made NA pacts with Madrid and Portugal. A straight NA pact swap was rejected but a counter offer requesting a sweetener of $1.2 billion was passed back to me. I eventually worked out a deal...beating them down to $150m!

While Madrid remained aloof, Portugal were ready to extend the alliance...once I threw a few things in the pot. The counter offers help give an idea of what sort of value an offer needs to be.

I now have almost everything except mutual defence with Portugal, and surprisingly, Barcelona seem as likely to attack me as Marseilles are...

One omission, when offering a tech, there is no button for a cash equivalent... (think that's the place anyway)

I note that throughout the game (about 5 months) I have not yet had any WM tech/unit offers. The other countries have had sporadic offers (perhaps 3-4 offers per month in total). Has this been tweaked and am I just being unlucky?
Zan
Sergeant

Good game ,but all war = no fun.

Post by Zan »

Update 2 is an improvement.Now I can make some allies.I have yet to make peace with anyone.It is either peace or war.

Here is one big problem.Why are my relations hurt with the WM when I am not the aggressor?The attacker hates me and will not make peace no matter what,fine.Why am I punished for this by the WM?This is wrong.Why is the WM at the start of a campaign not a neutral entity that reacts to a regions actions?The WM should remain a neutral entity to all regions until a region uses a certain type of weapon or is attacking with little or no justification.All regions should also be neutral until given justification for war,friends until war.You attack my ally I attack you.The outcome in every campaign is the same.It does not matter if I am either the aggressor or peaceful,I always lose my WM membership.No fun.

Someone mentioned world map.It would be nice to see a world map with all small regions.It would be alot more rewarding to increase the size and power of your country than to start with a huge land mass and forces.All regions on this map being neutral to one another.Where alliances dictate who your friend and foe is.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

3iff wrote:One omission, when offering a tech, there is no button for a cash equivalent...
Yes there is, but you need to select "money" on his side of the offer first.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
3iff
Brigadier Gen.

Post by 3iff »

I did select money...I'm sure...

I shall try again and get exact details. Trying to remember all this stuff is tricky!
:wink:
haenkie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by haenkie »

can some mod respond to the question raised by Zan, because i am also very curious tio the answer. Please?

Return to “Diplomacy - State Department”