Only buying lands work - Boycot spain?

Discussion about the Diplomacy System in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

haenkie
Brigadier Gen.

Only buying lands work - Boycot spain?

Post by haenkie »

I am playing the german scenario. I wanted to go at it with the benelux but chosen north germany instead. I only took on east germany and poland in war. even though they attacked me etc the world market took it on me.

I bought all the rest of the lands i owned, it also bored me like this, i bought all my lands.

The next step in the scenario was to go at it with britain, nordic isles france and others. I had already a low rating of the world market and after buying (again buying) the whole of france it keeps on dropping. giving everyone a treaty with adding all my money (over 1,500 billion) no on wanted it, not even greece (furthest away).

Diplomacy did work for buying and somewhat exchanging research did however work, even with my arch enemy (france).

Weird diplomacy.

But it gets worse, i started this next scenario with boycotting the UK and Spain (gamesettings!!). I didnt want this, (wanted peace and diplomacy, because it would end up with buying everyones lands again, because fighting makes the world market only more angry, need petroleum). Thats was also a problem, could not build oilrigs in parts of the sea of france (which i bought in whole!!), even though it was loaded with petroleum. Soemthign about a supply problem althoguh it had huge cities next door and i build loads o railroad and normal road tracks.
But fine, about the boycott, i cancelled the boycott on the UK (didnt do any good, they just attacked me after it.) But the weird part is, Spain isnt part of this scenario, it was part of France, why am i boycotting Spain? It was a game settign when i started it.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Well, you've certainly had a bad luck of run here. You've come across 4 bugs that I recognize as having been reported and are fixed for update #2

- buying land is a bug, this is fixed in update #2
- diplomacy settings have been "loosend" in some respects for update #2. There are many discussions going on about how it should work precisely.
- World Market rating drops without reason at times, this is fixed in update #2
- Boycotts carry over in a campaign, this is fixed in update #2
- City supply output is broken, this is fixed in update #2

For building the offshore oilrigs, land supply is separate from naval supply. You would need a port or pier in the ocean area to provide supply. Try hotkey <s> to see the supply level of the area.

Obviously the biggest question I'm sure you're left with after reading this is, where is update #2...

Should be available for download in the next 24 hours
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
haenkie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by haenkie »

Yea i checked the forums a while and saw many of my 'problems' being listed, i just wanted everyone to enjoy my own experience.

Thanks for the interesting game and i am astonished to see how good you guys work over this forum, very very good job answering everything and so fast.

But still can you explain why i am boycotting Spain in the second part of the Germany scenario while it is not even included as a country? I think i could not get this boycott away. I do not think i boycotted the WM ( i need their oil :D), and it didnt say France (although the place where Spain is was now France, a lill coup by the froggies :D)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

The bug is releated to the regions you where playing against in the previous map. I does not reset boycotts properly after the campaign carry over. Should be fixed by update #2.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
haenkie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by haenkie »

OK i hope so.

But i didnt boycott spain in the game before, it was set so by the game itself when i entered the next 'level' and had to unite all of europe again.

The reunition of germany wasnt played with Spain....

So i didnt boycott them. The game did, without me even have set a boycott.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

It is not looking at the name, it is looking at the player number. Whatever player number in the submap matchs the player number for spain in europe was a region you where at war with. when you are at war, the minister turns on boycotts against that region.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Diplomacy - State Department”