Responses to "Key Diplomacy Factors"

Discussion about the Diplomacy System in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

There is no such thing in computer software as a "quick fix". Every addition, no matter how small, must be heavily tested. Also, we still support the idea the the Civ. opinion should move extremely slow. People's opinions are very difficult to change in a positive manner.

We are wroking on this, not sure if there will be much changed for update 3 on this issue...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
szabfer
Captain

Post by szabfer »

No quick fix??? What about the Microsoft Hotfixes ? :lol:

Otherwise, quick fix here meant that I didn't think about new feature, only thougth about a fine tuning of an existing one... I just wanted to suggest that instead of thinking about revolutionary changes (new panels and features) you could do a shortcut.
Somehow it would be good if we could improve the civ rating as soon as possible - but as I saw in other topics, it is not possible. And if I would ask a complete feature, it would appear only in update #6... :)

(btw: I worked - and still working - at several multinational software developer company as SW tester, so I know there is no change without risks :wink: )
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

szabfer wrote:No quick fix??? What about the Microsoft Hotfixes ?
Working in software you know this should be called "make me reboot my computer so that while you plug one security hole you can create three more" :P

WinXP's updates are annoying;

WXP: want to reboot or wait?... wait, ok...
WXP... how about now?
WXP... now?
WXP... how's now?
WXP... reboot now?

and on...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
szabfer
Captain

Post by szabfer »

We should even encounter dialogs with the following text after installing a hotfix: "A new security hole has ben installed" :lol: Buttons: "OK" and "Reboot"

It sounds like that we are not MS fans, anyway.

Return to “Diplomacy - State Department”