Overall diplo

Discussion about the Diplomacy System in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

aegisx
Colonel

Overall diplo

Post by aegisx »

Ive been playing the full version for a few days, and it does seem that there is very little diplo activity. Ive never been contacted by the AI (tried a bunch of scenarios). I have never seen the AI fight against itself.... More stuff like that would make it more fun :)
Bluesman
Lt. Colonel

Post by Bluesman »

Just wondering what setting you have the AI on, Unpredictable?

Maybe it affects.

BM
aegisx
Colonel

Post by aegisx »

Normal
imnotthatwierd
Captain

Post by imnotthatwierd »

Bluesman wrote:Just wondering what setting you have the AI on, Unpredictable?

Maybe it affects.

BM
in an MP we just "attempted" to do...we had ai as unpredictable
and it offered bm here a whole alliance
Joemurder
Lieutenant

Post by Joemurder »

aegisx Posted: May 15 2005
I have never seen the AI fight against itself

I also have the full retail version and have played several scenerios, I am playing as California vs. AI Northwest and AI Southwest. After about 1 year of game time Northwest declared war on Southwest. So it seems like the AI will fight with itself. The only problem I have with the AI is that it does seem you have to give a lot more than you receive to make them accept anything.
Antares
Warrant Officer

Post by Antares »

AI diplomacy does occasionally happen but it doesnt often enough. I have never had the AI interact with me or other AI in any way accept for declaring war on me in response to my declaration of war on someone else. Apparently though it happens to others.
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

Never got the AI to accept anything but i did sit back once and the AI declared war on one another I got bored and declared war on one of the AI later the other AI declared war on me there i was fighting 2 fronts So was the AI but not as much as they were fighting me. Lost everything.
Joemurder
Lieutenant

Post by Joemurder »

I just want to know when the AI is going to offer me a deal. Only the WM has offered me things, the other regions that are AI controlled just sit there. How come I have to make all the offers?(which are almost always refused) Why doesn't a small, weak AI region offer me a non aggression? Not enough action from the AI concerning diplomacy.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

maybe not enough, but there is some. I've been offered alliance once or twice in the Europe map depending where I play from. Again, it goes to the key diplomacy factors discussed. All the framework is in for the AI to do this stuff, but if they don't "like you" (ie, Civapproval/diprelate), you won't see any offers.

We will continue to expand this moving forward.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
SamuraiGG
Warrant Officer

Post by SamuraiGG »

Balthagor wrote:maybe not enough, but there is some. I've been offered alliance once or twice in the Europe map depending where I play from. Again, it goes to the key diplomacy factors discussed. All the framework is in for the AI to do this stuff, but if they don't "like you" (ie, Civapproval/diprelate), you won't see any offers.

We will continue to expand this moving forward.
I'm glad to hear that this issue will be explored further. My one and only concern about this game is the fact that the AI seems to avoid interacting with third party regions. The game would be much less fun for me if the other regions just sit there, acting like their fellow AI regions do not exist.
dust off
General

Post by dust off »

Good point. I'd hope to see some of them allying, waring etc.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Last time I played the Europe scenario, Sweden had allied with Finland, Norway and Denmark in the first 20 days...

But we are still working on making this things more visible.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
aegisx
Colonel

Post by aegisx »

yea, that would be cool to have some of the diplo events be reported to the World news :)
SamuraiGG
Warrant Officer

Post by SamuraiGG »

Balthagor wrote:Last time I played the Europe scenario, Sweden had allied with Finland, Norway and Denmark in the first 20 days...

But we are still working on making this things more visible.
Yeah I had the same experience in my Europe scenario. It was a big difference between the demo and the full game in terms of the AI allying with eachother.

Still I think you guys need a boost in the number of times that they war with eachother though. :wink:

Edit: Speak of the devil, in my Europe scenario, Poland just declared war on Germany!! Finally some action :P

Its fun to be able to see the AI regions duke it out with eachother as I sit on the sidelines and wait for the perfect opportunity to strike.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

SamuraiGG wrote:...It was a big difference between the demo and the full game in terms of the AI..
The AI code is EXACTLY the same from the demo to the retail version. The difference you're seeing is the key factors are set differently in the 32 player Europe map. It's somewhat less limited by the game storyline since when playing in the campaign, this map is played as a 9 player (or 10, depending how you got there) map using groupings. Any regions that get grouped could be given a much more "real world" diplomatic veiw of each other as they don't come up in campaign.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Diplomacy - State Department”