Overall diplo

Discussion about the Diplomacy System in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

TheRockFrog
Lieutenant

Post by TheRockFrog »

I think the devs should release a scenario where someone can make deals with the A.I., such as non-aggression pacts, alliances, etc... that way people could see that it IS possible. I've been playing British Isles map and am a little frustrated with the non-diplomacy...I still am not as hard core for it as everyone else but making those trades would be a large bonus. Multi with humans should be great non-the-less!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

I'll try and get a custom diplomcay set for one of the maps next week. I'd like to see the update done first since it also makes changes to diplomacy. Might as well get up to date opinions when that's done.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
TheRockFrog
Lieutenant

Post by TheRockFrog »

I know you guys have heard it a lot but thanks again for being so involved in the forums. The game is pretty amazing and I can play it with those attitude numbers modded or not modded and really enjoy it. Many of the other players posting have also been great...cheers. :-)
Captain Mitchell
Warrant Officer

Post by Captain Mitchell »

Yeah really, I havent seen a game with this level of dev-player interaction in a looong time. Part of why this game is so good I'd think! :-)
Hero
Sergeant

Post by Hero »

Yeah, all those nice options in diplomacy and no way to use them. Just once I'd like to extradite a criminal, build an embassy, or open the border to free trade and the movement of labor.

I did learn you could scrounge a little territory by trading trillions in technology, but only to those who hate you already (I think the default is ignoring you and everyone else, if they hate you, at least they'll pay attention to your offers).

H
chris953
Warrant Officer

Post by chris953 »

Yes the game is really good but for my opinion the ai diplomacy part is deep under.

I wish an artificial intelligence able to adopt a pragmatic attitude. The proposal is correct but my people do not like that which did it. Ok I loses approval but I gain on the international level.

I need a Foreign Minister credits who proposes to me treaties according to the diary of the priorities that I defined

Ok I ask for the moon but the remainder of the play is so perfect that it is cruel which this share essence of the recreation can function only with other human player.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

All good suggestions. We certainly want to continue to improve the diplomatic AI even beyond some of the suggestions given.

thanks for the feedback.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
chris953
Warrant Officer

Post by chris953 »

Thanks for you and your good job, I want to say more and more that the game is a great game, for me THE game of grand strategy.
pfarrell77
Corporal

Diplomacy

Post by pfarrell77 »

First off, I just want to add on to the praise for the devs being so involved here. It's enough to keep me from getting too frustrated right now knowing that these gameplay issues are being worked out quickly.

Starting as Massachusetts in New England, and then as New England in the Northeast during the campaign I couldn't get any diplomacy with the other regions. I offered probably 100 different options in many combinations to all the other regions and nothing. They also didn't offer any to me. The only thing I was able to do was trade some techs and unit designs, but only with a couple of states and only when it was a 1.5-3:1 price ratio in the other region's favor. They never offered me anything. They also all declared war on me, but never on each other in both scenarios. Seems odd, especially given the intel briefing for the Northeast scenario that suggested I just lay low because I only bordered NY, which was a relatively weak state and my only border.

Finally, I also currently have a huge problem with the WM. Having never attacked anyone and fully funding all domestic programs with a 40+% domestic approval rating, the WM put sanctions on me and eventually kicked me out. This caused me extreme problems because the NE US is not the most resource rich area in the world for petrol or uranium. Seems quite odd for the WM to kick out a pacifist country. I did however kick the snot out of all the countries that attacked me in short order. I'm now onto the 3rd scenario of uniting North America, and starting without WM membership is a huge disadvantage, so I'm going to have to just attack the Western US to get to petrol and uranium I'd much rather trade for.
chris953
Warrant Officer

Post by chris953 »

Selon moi le problème est que non seulement l'activité diplomatique est faible, voir inexistante, mais que on n'a aucun moyen de comprendre pourquoi les offres sont refusées et qu'on a l'impression qu'on a aucun moyen de changer le cours des choses.
Avec Paris par exemple dans le scénario France de la démo tout le monde vous déteste y compris le marché mondial quoi que vous fassiez, cela limite la profondeur du jeu.
chris953
Warrant Officer

Post by chris953 »

Sorry for the french version :P
In my opinion the problem is that not only the diplomatic activity is weak, to see non-existent, but that one has no means of including/understanding why the offers are refused and that one has the impression that one has no means of changing the course of the things. With Paris for example in the France scenario of the demonstration everyone hates you including the world market no matter what you make, that limits the depth of the play.
SamuraiGG
Warrant Officer

Post by SamuraiGG »

I'm sick of the "piling on" that goes on in this game. I was just playing the United States scenario as Illinois. Going fine until Michigan attacks me. So I attack them and push them past Gary... until Dakotas declares war on me... then Oklahoma. The pile on continues. I'm putting this game on hold until update 2, and I hope that this is looked at.

Really... stop having the AI punish me for defending my own territory.

Return to “Diplomacy - State Department”