Arms buying and effects

Discussion about the Diplomacy System in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

Ironbirgade
Sergeant

Arms buying and effects

Post by Ironbirgade »

have a question. I was reading about buying arms on the world market and I did not see how this would be seen by other countries. For instance Venezuela is buying a 100,000 AK-47 from Russia and Donald Rumsfield (aka America) is calling into question the need for the purchase. In this game can the opposing AI players become concerned with my purchases and do something about it such as bring my neighbors against me by pointing out my recent purchases. Or better yet when another country tries to buy arms will my spies be able to tell me before the purchase. And if they do can I force them to stop by rattling my sword? And if they go through with the purchase and I go to war will those units be there instantly thus making my attack harder? Even if none of these options are in the game I figured it could be used in other editions. Thanks. :)
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

Some of this is in our design, we'll know next week what makes it in and what will be held for future consideration :-)

But yes, the idea is a strong one, and most importantly we want to do this with 'significant' weapons.

-- George.

Return to “Diplomacy - State Department”