Questions on treaties ,effects on such by assimilated lands

Discussion about the Diplomacy System in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Questions on treaties ,effects on such by assimilated lands

Post by tkobo »

Okay, lets say im playing a single player campiagn.
Lets say my wittle region signs a treaty with the WM.
Lets use a NO WMD treaty for example.

Now my region,having a major concentration of Red Haired Green Eyed Serving Wenchs,has other regions falling over themselves to join my wittle region.

Now lets say some of these regions I allow to join have NOT signed the NO WMD treaty and in fact have some of these weapons.

What happens when I allow them to join me ?
Have i broken the treaty the moment they join my region ?

Put simply ,if a region who is acting in a way that would violate certain treaties of mine,joins me,what happens to my treaties ?
Juergen
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Juergen »

You could even sign a treaty with someone who is the enemy of your ally and that wouldnt have an "direct" effect on your treaties...
if there will be side effects of joining with someone who has WMD or even is at war with current allies then the treaty would have to be modified (eventually cancelled) either by the AI or a human.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Is Juergan right ? is there some type of auto-cancel treaty function that occurs ?

This would certainly be annoying to me.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

They do not auto cancel. Starting from your original quesiton, there are three ways a region can "join" you;

1. Surrender to you. In this case, they no longer exist and only your treaties remain.

2. Absorbed by you. If portions of their territory due to loyalty and approval rebel, they can chose to become part of your country. This would simply add to your territory and the population there would be bound by treaties you've signed and would judge you on your overall actions just like the rest of your territory.

2. Tied diplomatically to you. If they sign alliance or other such treaties with you they remain indipendent regions so get to chose their own treaties and deal with their own consequences. This can have an effect on your regions if, for example, you supply arms to a region that the WM is attacking for using nukes, you would find your own WM approval falling and might face attacks or sanctions yourself. Probably the most dangerous and beneficial treaty in the game is the "mutual defense" that expects you to declare war on any region that attacks a mutual defense partner. If you can get this from an AI, you can be fairly sure you are on their good side :)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Okay, id dont see the answer there.

So a region surrenders to me, but that region has WMDs,as it surrenders the WMDs become part of my forces- have i just broken my NO WMD treaty with the world market ?

I made a treay with the WM NOT to have WMDs and now due to the absorbtion of a region I now find myself with WMDs- So what happens ?
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Ah! That is solved by the fact that missiles are scuttled during a surrender. You wouldn't get them. I suppose the one catch could be units set to fire chemical weapons but as long as you have your Rules of Engagement set to disallow chemical, they could never fire so you would never be in breach of the agreement.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Diplomacy - State Department”