will there be teraties that allow the "loaning" of military

Discussion about the Diplomacy System in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

If an ally needs some military support will I be able to make a treaty with him transferring some of my forces to his control?

Can it be time or circumstance limited ?So at the end of a certian time or the occurance of a certain thing I can reclaim my troops?
BattleGoat
General
Human: Yes

Post by BattleGoat »

Not to get into too much detail on this right now (We're still keeping some secrets :smile:), but Yes, you will be able to loan equipment to another player.
- David
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

The whole "coalition" thing has me wondering if we are limited to loaning the equipment(ala "lend lease" type deal),or can we actually loan entire units with the PEOPLE needed to make them work included(ala modern coalition type deal)?

I'd really love to see the coalition type thing AND the lend/lease thing.
Hellfish6
Lt. Colonel

Post by Hellfish6 »

I know this might sound stupid, but if we're in an alliance with another player/country fighting the same war, will we be able to command forces from the other country? Maybe not for multiplayer, but for single player? I would offer Eisenhower as an example - in WWII he commanded US, British/Commonwealth, French, Polish, Brazilian, etc. forces all at the same time. If you look at the Italian campaign, you'll see about a dozen different countries represented on the Allied side, all under American command.

I suggest this feature because I'm sure we've all experienced occasions in other games where you and an AI country will be fighting the same enemy, but fighting a completely different war. Your AI ally might attack one city and be done with it, where you are making a run for the enemy capital.
BattleGoat
General

Post by BattleGoat »

Sorry... You won't be commanding an ally's troops unless he "loans" them to you. In which case, then yes you will have total control. But make sure your alliance is strong cause he could recall them at the most inconvenient of times :wink:
XeroMan
Lt. Colonel

Post by XeroMan »

Hmmm, what about mercs? The U.S government is relying heavily on them these days. (Of course they are called civilian contractors these days...)
The U.S. government uses private firms to do work that they don't want to be associated with, and to provide support to regimes they can't be visibly associated with.
BattleGoat
General

Post by BattleGoat »

Don't think mercenaries will make it into the game, but I will keep them in mind...

Return to “Diplomacy - State Department”