Intel, Spies, etc.

Post by chancellor »

Will this be worked into the game?

if so how?
BattleGoat
General
Human: Yes

Post by BattleGoat »

Espionage is not yet implemented, but you will be able to spend money to gain intelligence resources that can be used to infiltrate other Cabinets, Militaries, Set up Spy Networks, or be sent on missions to Sabotage or Assassinate.
CommandeR
Warrant Officer
Location: behind my pc in Holland/Noord-Holland/'t Gooi/Huizen/crailoseweg 41 1272 er ;)

Post by CommandeR »

will it be possible to make special satelites to gain more line of sight into enemy territory?
"i'd rather have an german tank division infront of me then a french one behind me"
General George S.Patton

<------ Love this quote :D
BattleGoat
General

Post by BattleGoat »

If you have the tech capability and a Launch Pad, you will be able to put Recon Satellites into orbit.
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

BattleGoat wrote:If you have the tech capability and a Launch Pad, you will be able to put Recon Satellites into orbit.
what do communication sats do?
Missiles!! Nukes!
BattleGoat
General

Post by BattleGoat »

Help improve the response to orders. So will help unit efficiency a bit. It also has Domestic Approval effects, since of course it means more TV stations for the population ;)
- David
Propane
Warrant Officer

Covert Ops?

Post by Propane »

Tell me a little more about these sabatoge and assasination missions.....
"El protector de liberdad"
Legend
General

Post by Legend »

This whole area is planned to be redesigned to fit within the design of the game. We could tell you but... then it may not be what we end up doing with the section. Is there something you would like to see for these missions?
Propane
Warrant Officer

Spec Ops

Post by Propane »

Absolutely. Real life exercises such as recon, sabotage, assasinations, and maybe some coups? I think this would be a great addition. A BIG part of it I think you should be able to do this on neutral nations as well. In real-life we do this all the time to help us prepare for what the enemy has in store for us.
"El protector de liberdad"
Antares
Warrant Officer

Post by Antares »

If you want to put in assasination of the other regions ministers as a goal, that would be cool, but then you would have to increase the amount of ministers so no one runs out of them.
deanco
Major

Post by deanco »

The unhappier the population, the easier it should be to spy on them. Especially if the gov. in question has committed atrocities. Most spies are disgruntled people in positions of power, access, etc who hate the regime enough to spy on it. Their motivations are revenge, desire to see the regime replaced, and money. A happy country is hard to spy on, you have to build from the ground up and that takes years.

DeanCo--

Return to “Diplomacy - State Department”