Taxes Master Slider issue

Find support, discuss issues, report in game bugs found here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Il Duce
Brigadier Gen.

Taxes Master Slider issue

Post by Il Duce »

In taxes - individually zero out all unit sliders (ALL - push 'em to zero).
Then - move the master slider. "Pension" and "Other Taxes" will fail to adjust.

If you tick the pension and other sliders to a non-zero value, then they will synch with the master slider.

There are other anomalies - a case where the master moves ONLY the pension slider, but I don't know how to recreate it.

Seen for sure in the WW3 scenario, but I assume this is an engine anomaly, independent of scenarios. Of course, that's just an assumption.
Colorless green ideas sleep furiously [but otherwise, they do not worry and are happy].
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

The design was that if you zero a specific tax, it should not move at all, it becomes locked (ministers never set taxes to zero, maybe 0.01 but never absolute zero.)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Il Duce
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Il Duce »

It's inconsistent - set all the individual sliders to absolute zero and then move the master. Some go, some don't. I checked it.

...there are also a few other inconsistencies here, but I understand the issues of coding these (the presentation facilitiates non sequiters), and most of them you simply have to accept as idiomatic. But consistent behavior in equivalent conditions is probably a quality point - if a zero slider is locked, then all zeroed sliders should lock, n'est-ce pas?
Colorless green ideas sleep furiously [but otherwise, they do not worry and are happy].

Return to “SR2010 Support”