Problems with map editor with new update

Find support, discuss issues, report in game bugs found here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

high empty
Captain

Problems with map editor with new update

Post by high empty »

I'am doing what i've done in the last version, but i'am having trouble with running the 3 files. When i try to run them in game mod, it starts to load and then it jumps back to main menu.

I'am doing the following

import the maps, into custom folder, all 3 files
then opening the map using the NEW map command
then i edit it, and then using the saveas command i save as the last map name, i then hit save to save it. and quit.

then i try to run it and it crashes, but i can go back into the files and do more editing, so i'am not sure what's wrong.
red
General

Post by red »

I don't understand what you're doing. To load existing files by using the NEW command simply doesn't make sense. Further, saving a map under a different name requires manual renaming of some lines. Try using only LOAD and SAVE.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

you may also wish to check that you have the GMT file in the proper folder, the mapeditor looks for that file.

And be sure you have version 4.6.1
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
high empty
Captain

Post by high empty »

Balthagor wrote:you may also wish to check that you have the GMT file in the proper folder, the mapeditor looks for that file.

And be sure you have version 4.6.1
4.6.1 nope 4.5.3 lol and i only downloaded it 3 days ago,

As for the new, it's seems it't the only way i can open something, as if i try to load it, the image ( or map doesn't change from the world map). As for the files they are in the right places, as i make a copy and put them back into the main folders again.

Hmm, i got to look into that Red, about the manual doing that rewriting it might fix it.
red
General

Post by red »

high empty wrote:As for the new, it's seems it't the only way i can open something, as if i try to load it, the image ( or map doesn't change from the world map).
Then the problem is with your starting files. Perhaps the GMT as Balthagor said; remove its definition from the top of the GMC to see.

Return to “SR2010 Support”