WWIII Scenario Bug -- World Market Ratings

Find support, discuss issues, report in game bugs found here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

margab
Captain

WWIII Scenario Bug -- World Market Ratings

Post by margab »

Playing in a single player scenario as Turkey, with the latest patch #5, I noticed something strange.
After a few months passed, all the other regions, except me, started gaining world market scores. My score kept at 0. This causes a big problem because since everyone else had higher WM scores, their Cassus Belli got higher and higher against me. I'm sure about this because my build cap is one of the lowest and my social spending is on the recommended value.

So for me every regions WM score needs to stay at 0 like mine, since there is no WM. Thanks.
"Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?"-Juvenal
red
General

Post by red »

Which difficulty level?
margab
Captain

Post by margab »

Um, Normal I think. But it shouldn't matter. Even in the hardest diff. level, there should be no WM scores since there is no WM...
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

One of the devs, forget who, said that on the maps without a WM, that the world market score represented a overall diplomacy and "play nice" score based on your interactions with the other regions in the scenaio.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
margab
Captain

Post by margab »

Tkobo, that just doesn't make sense, I haven't even declared any wars, and signed many agreements with all my neighbors. Still all the other nations are earning WM points except me. It's at 0 now and not improving.

On the other hand China for example is at war with all of its neighbors, have poor relations with the rest of the world, but still has over 100 WM score (I think its relations are bad because of the build cap).

So saying it represents "play nice" score is not a justified answer for me. I think it's a bug that should be fixed. I would've liked to hear from the devs if they think this is a bug.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

I am not saying there is or isnt a bug.

You tell RED there shouldnt be a WM score, becuase there isnt a WM.
Even in the hardest diff. level, there should be no WM scores since there is no WM...
I simply explain what the devs have already said about that issue.
I merely express that the devs have siad the WM rating in a game in which there is no world market is different that the WM rating in a game in which there is a WM, and how.

Heres the post
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6390

So again, im not saying there is or isnt a bug in how the rating is being calulated. I have no idea about that.

What i am saying is that your asertion that there shouldnt be a world market rating in a scenario in which there is no world market is considered wrong by the devs and explained.

And yes, i find the fact that the WM rating can mean 2 different things depending on wether or not there is a WM present a little odd also.
But it is what it is.
Last edited by tkobo on Jul 10 2006, edited 1 time in total.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

having reviewed tkobo's link (thanks!) and George's previous comments, I'm moving this to the issues section. It is working as designed so it's not a bug but it seems we all agree the design is now being questioned.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “SR2010 Support”