Not sure what to make of this,cancel treaty effect on

Find support, discuss issues, report in game bugs found here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Not sure what to make of this,cancel treaty effect on

Post by tkobo »

regions at war ?

Okay, I am N.E. US.I have every treaty but defense with West US,S.E. US and Canada.

The front lines between the warring AIs had all become fairly stagnent as they tend to do in alot of long play time games.

They were stagnent to the point of probably less than 8 units fighting between South east US and West us over a 2 year period.

The US regions and Canada are the only regions left on the map.

I am getting ready to attack S.E. US as its next on the hit list.I canceled the full transit treaty with them (like I always do with regions I want to get a large belli towards that im allied with).
No sooner do they reply with their customary action of cancelling the same treaties on their end, then both they and the West US launch large scale advances against each other.
Probably 50 units or so from each region charge accross the map at the other region.

Needless to say this suprised me after the no action static front that had developed for so long between the two.

So, i reloaded the game (sadly i didnt have a close save, so i had to go back quite a while), and again canceled the same treaties with the same region.

Low and behold the same reaction took place.Upon the cancelation of the treaties,both regions launched large surges of units at each other.

I dont have as much free time as usual as its both shop season and show season for us at the moment.
So i figured id post this and see if anyone esle had seen a similar reaction in a similar situation.

I am very curious to see if there is some reason that the treaties would lower the aggression between the two regions when the threaties arent between them, but a third party with which they both also have the treaties.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Some of the code around this is going to be different for update 5 but I have no idea if this will change. Could you send me the savegame? I'd like to try this one out for myself to try and figure out more of the exact causes.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Be til after the weekend at least probably.

Also, id like to look at it myself in more detail before i possibly waste your time.
It might just be coincidence>i was really kinda hoping someone else had noticed something similair.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
red
General

Post by red »

Maybe the cancellation of the treaty causes its front/unit management/whatever AI to recalculate and thus attack?

Return to “SR2010 Support”