Stardock Download (Re)Activation Issues

Find support, discuss issues, report in game bugs found here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Victarus
Lieutenant

Stardock Download (Re)Activation Issues

Post by Victarus »

First the hard-drive dies, then SR2010 doesn't work. Not my week. :D

Long story short, I downloaded SR2010 via Stardock. A few days ago I had to reinstall Windows on a new hard-drive, but all of the information (including the game) is intact - Windows was pretty much impossible to recover without formatting the drive though.
The problem: The "Serial Number" I got from Stardock isn't recognised by the game. The major issue is that I have a very slow 56k modem, so I'd really appreciate not having to re-download the game to reactivate it (if I have to - I haven't had a chance to redownload SDC yet (which I need to for registry reasons)). Since it will take a while to redownload the 8 megs for SDC, I figured I'd ask before I finished so I can find out if I can get a new key if I need it (and believe me, I will if this entails redownloading a few hundred more megabytes).
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Drop me an e-mail and include the key you are using, I'll have to look into it tomorrow when I'm back in the office. You're our first Stardock tech support case so need to check what the process is. :)

chris@battlegoat.com
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

Sometimes Stardock can change your serial number. Request it to send you an e-mail with all serials for the games you registered (they are memorized on their server).

You do that by going to Tools-settings-games-'lookup serial number' option.
Victarus
Lieutenant

Post by Victarus »

Already did - I think the number is for SDC and it just activates the game for you (I don't remember being asked for the key the first time I started the game, but I could be wrong).
Victarus
Lieutenant

Post by Victarus »

Fixed! :D

Just a quick update for anyone who may suffer similar problems in the future: The problem was either with the Windows registry (since SR2010 wasn't in it anymore), INSTALL.LOG in the SR2010 directory, or both (I changed both at the same time).
What I did to INSTALL.LOG was changed the directory since the game was on a different letter drive. I'm not sure if this did anything, but it might have helped the next step write the correct information.
What I did for the directory was run <...\Supreme Ruler 2010\Registry\English.reg>. All I wanted to do was create the registry since I thought it might have had problems changing the registry (to add the CD-key) since it didn't already exist. Since the registry has all of the usual information in it now, I'm guessing that might have done it.

And Stardock's "Serial Number" is a valid CD-key, just so everyone knows. :)
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

It's good to read that you have it all fixed now. Enjoy playing once again.

Return to “SR2010 Support”