Bug ? with treasury and accounting ?

Find support, discuss issues, report in game bugs found here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Bug ? with treasury and accounting ?

Post by tkobo »

I am begining to suspect i have some enron accountants working in my government :P

The surplus/deficit has been positive by 10bil + for over a week now and my previous days trade has been positive the entire time also.
BUT i am losing like 50 bil a day from my treasury ?

Now this scenario is the last step of a US campaign. AND i did really abuse the economy in the last scenario as the screenshots in this thread shows.

http://www.bgforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=4334&start=15

This however as i said is the next scenario in the campaign.I had expected the economy to straighten itself out due to most of the abuse in the last scenario hedged on low unemployment and high wages.
Unemployments base I thought would be and was set by the scenario at its beginning- the unemployment from the last scenario did NOT carry over.
This i thought would reverse the effects created in the last scenario.It didnt by the way,as the unemployment base fell like a rock til i experimented .

It did start to fall like a rock from its base,but it managed to stabilize and even increase ( I think this is due to the diplomatic treaty of "free flow of labor force", which i decided to see if it would do this and so got the treaty with all regions in the game.
AND only that treaty.

But the point of this thread, in case ive lost you, is that with a positive surplus AND a positive trade balance i am losing money from my treasury.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
ozmono2005
Brigadier Gen.

Post by ozmono2005 »

I found a couple of times that when building lots of roads/railroads and industrial/military facillities that the cost were not accounted for

and I also found that if I had a massive surplus of say industrial goods I make more money because I didn't have to import the goods and that was also not accounted for.

If your automating sales than it is possiable your not getting the positive money because your stock is getting undercut by the opossing countries.

Look at your buget sheets and see if there are any expenses that aren't accounted for or just seem wrong.

Look at your income is there anything that seems to high such as tax or anything

Is your military moving around alot socking up lots of petrol or any other resources which may not be accounted for?

Finally the economy does seem to have trends that take a long time to sort out

Finally Tkobo I realise by reading your other post that I'm in no position to tell you how the game works, so forgive me if everthing I said was obvious and already checked

PS I couldn't find those screenshots but to know what your talking about can you please tell me what your wages, employment, inflation and the exact stats for the buget and trade surpluses/deficiency. ALL of those before and after would help me as I am currently trying to perfect economic management of this game to the point were I'll be able to calculate exactly how a change will impact the economy.

Or a easier way would just be to post screen shots of your income/expenditure reports before and after. + your trade statistics before after (including cost/production/consumption/markup/stock) and finally your country stats which list population and GDP per capita

Again all before and after.
3iff
Brigadier Gen.

Post by 3iff »

ozmono2005 wrote: If your automating sales than it is possible you're not getting the positive money because your stock is getting undercut by the opposing countries.
I've had that before...

Some of the economics does seem rather convoluted and hidden. When building industries, it's hard to work out what the costs really are (one window says one thing and apparent costs suggest a different figure)
tkobo wrote:But the point of this thread, in case I've lost you, is that with a positive surplus AND a positive trade balance I am losing money from my treasury.
Well, that IS odd. I would have thought that these two would add up. There is another possibility though. Cash deals with other countries do not appear in these numbers. If you were paying 100m per day to another country (you're not, I guess!) then this money wouldn't appear on the balance sheet (I think). Secondly, any bond buys/sells also go straight to the treasury and are not recorded in the balance sheet.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Bug ? with treasury and accounting ?

Post by Balthagor »

tkobo wrote:But the point of this thread, in case ive lost you, is that with a positive surplus AND a positive trade balance i am losing money from my treasury.
Feel free to send me the savegame and I can take a look at why it's happening.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

ozmono2005 -thats alot of screenshots :lol:

I took your advive and took another look at the books and did discover a small issue with the world market,still paying them money for membership even though they dont exist.

But its covered in the expense list and doesnt appear to be part of the 50+bil a year drain.

Ill work on those screens.

3iff- I am not making any scheduled payments that i know of.Also no bonds as i have that locked and had payed them all off a scenario or two back.

Balthagor -Ill send the save.

Show season has started so i dont have as much free time as normal, so ill take the easy way out and let you find the issue :lol:
Chuckle TM
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Took a quick look, very strange! :-?

I'll need George to look into it further, first time that I've seen a treasury issue I could not explain...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Awww cmon ,fess up.
You secretly included a "scandal feature" in which companies and regions would have enron accountants run things .
Chuckle TM
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Only when it detects one of your opponents is named George :P
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

I think you can lock this one. I went back and looked over the game and I beleive that this is a combination of a campaign carry over issue from a run away economy issue.

In other words i beleive the data is corrupted due to that economy bug.
And got carried over to the next scenario in the campaign before it became visible .
Chuckle TM
Legend
General

Post by Legend »

ok. I've locked it.
Thanks again from bringing these things to our attention.

Return to “SR2010 Support”