Trade Exploit....

Find support, discuss issues, report in game bugs found here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Trade Exploit....

Post by CptBritish »

As Korea in the South Asia Scenario I realised that I was not the most liked person around...

Been a very poor nation I decided that I would need to ally with most of my Neighbours. I didn't have the money to do this but I had more than enough types of units to throw around for free to make people like me...

I decided to do the same thing a do with money Quanity over Quality and it was working...

Then I looked at my successful trade i'd traded the same thing 20 times and I had got a diplomatic Relations boost...

I thought they must like wat I traded them so I tried it with some **** tech...

It was working I got Japan from Dissapproving to Satisfied by trading them a cheap piece of artillary 20+ times :D
Supporting Nuclear Power in the UK.

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

This has already been reported unless you managed to trade the tech more than once...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

Yep... But not in one trade... If thats what you mean :wink:

There are 20 "Diplomatic Successes" in my E-mail and they all have the same unit traded in them...

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Need more clarification...

You trade the exact same unit design to the one region more than once?

If so, which design, rom what region, too what region?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

I'm playing Korea in the China Scenario (well I started Campaign as North Korea).

It works with anything (I haven't tried money or resources yet)

I've tried expensive techs, Low cost Artillary and Jets etc etc it still works...

I wouldn't have said anything but this is a clear exploit of diplomatic relations system (And I want your game to do well, You deserve it too with all the "Customer Relations" you guys do).

I'll guide you thru exactly what I did...

Korea not been the most liked in the China Scenario and me wanting to make friends before I take on China I decided that I need allies. I was poor so I couldn't do the "Give 8mil 50 times and they love you trick" I decided to sway Japanese favor by giving them Cheap but useless Weapons...

Right this is what I did...

I paused the Game.
Opened the Diplomatic Screen with Japan.
Forgeting I had Paused I gave the top unit on the list (Some Cheap Artillary) to the Japanese for Jack Sh*t.
Me not looking what I was about to give them for the second amount of DP* clicked the top unit again.
Did this 10 times...
I then realised the the game was paused.
Interested in the fact that it doesn't take the item off you until the other player accepts you offer I wait till he does.
He Does.
I check through the "Diplomatic Success" E-Mails and I am happy to find that I have traded the same piece of Artillary 10 times and got a big boost to my DP points with Japan.

In the End I gave the Japanese 2 cheap Artillary units and their Diplomatic Relations towards me went from Dissaproving to Satisfied (or watever the top one is I forget) and now I'm best of buds with the Japanese, the Vietnamese and the Taiwanese :P plus because of my relations with them I have got some nice Techs and Units (MEDIUM INFANTRY WOOHOO Now I know why Baloogan loves it :D).

Hope you get what I mean with this...

*Diplomatic Points

3iff
Brigadier Gen.

Post by 3iff »

Nice catch...
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

sweeet :D
Missiles!! Nukes!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

k, thanks :-?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

Is that a k thanks of "Stfu Cpt-British what you on about Fool" or is that a k thank "Ahhh now I know what you mean" :D

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

It's a "k, thanks, thought the code caught that and only "accepted" once" :-(
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
3iff
Brigadier Gen.

Post by 3iff »

CptBritish