Ship supply and movment

Find support, discuss issues, report in game bugs found here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Ship supply and movment

Post by Decimatus »

So I have about 10 Ticonderogas making their way about the mediteranean shooting at everything in sight. Eventually they all turn red, indicating they have run out of fuel.

So, I check some of them, and I see they have all run out of suppliesl, but still have about 6000 units of fuel. I try to move them, but they will barely travel an hour before they stop again.

Why are my ships stopping out in the middle of the water(or in some cases directly under enemy artillery fire) when they have all the fuel they need?

The supplies on the ships are ammo right? There shouldn't be any reason why this is keeping them from pressing on back to port or wherever.

This needs to be fixed.
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

i wonder if the combat hours have anything to do with this? Not sure.

Bergsjaeger= mountain hunter
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Supplies equals more than just ammo I think.

Im pretty sure that supplies, combat time and fuel can all stop unit movement.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Decimatus »

It wouldn't be combat hours, these ships just plain won't move farther than 1-2 hexes before stopping in place. They crossed the atlantic just without budging at least.

I don't know what could be in the supplies besides ammo that could cause my shipt to halt progress. Besides, everytime I fire, I loose supplies, and I can fire all my supplies out the window until every last one is gone. So, unless I am shooting cans of food at the enemy, I don't think the supplies stand for anything other than ammo on a ship. At least the supplies shouldn't be anything other than ammo....
Lord Khazad
Sergeant

Post by Lord Khazad »

yeah i think the supplies only stand for ammo, i have been able to move my land units with zero supplies.

a bug maybe?
Glory Glory Man Utd
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

Its funny i had the same problem a minute ago. the ships had fuel but only moved a little at a time or wouldn't move at all. Not sure what is causing this. But i do know it was in an area with out supply. Course not sure if that's a factor.

Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Decimatus »

My ships were supplied also, at least a little bit. Problem is, the supplies fill up at a rate that seems to be 1/10th that of the fuel. So, I am sitting here with a full tank of gas, and no ammo unable to move.
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: Maybe all the sailors having belly aches from eating raw fish. Or much worst. :o

Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Decimatus »

Yeah, but I can fire every single last supply I have on board at the enemy...

So, unless my sailors are firing cans of food at the enemy, I don't know why this should hold me back.

If the supplies are meant to be more than ammo to a ship, perhaps we shouldn't be able to shoot it all out the window?
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Supplies:This represents the ammunition AND ASSORTED other supplies that are needed to keep a unit active.They are reported as tonnes of military goods.
The above qoute is directly from the manual.
The "other assorted supplies" would consist of things like replacement parts(for regular maintance),tools,basic neccesities (like food),etc...
Chuckle TM
Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Decimatus »

Even so, I really do not think that having 0 supplies should make your ship stop in the middle of the water. If they ran out of spare parts and food, then the crew would make all speed towards the nearest port so long as they had fuel.

Having 0 spare parts also doesn't mean the ship is broke, just that if it does break(which isn't exactly likely to happen 5 minutes after the last spare part is fired at the enemy) then it won't be able to be fixed, and yet again this does not mean the ship is going to stop dead in the water.

Perhaps having 0 supplies should mean the ship will loose strength over time, like perhaps 1% a day? Eventually the ship which runs out of food and spare parts out in the ocean will just break down and be dead in the water, basically a destroyed unit.

Either way, having food and ammo being pulled from the same supply store is pretty lame. It isn't practical in the least, and it basically means my ships are destroyed when they shoot the last of their ammo.

If they have enough fuel left, there is very little reason they can't make it back to a port unless they are heavily damage.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Decimatus wrote:Even so, I really do not think that having 0 supplies should make your ship stop in the middle of the water.
I agree. I'll add i also dont like the way units sit there til fully fueled before they start to move again.I often find myself continually ordering them to move becuase i dont like where they decided to stop and refuel.
Chuckle TM
Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Decimatus »

tkobo wrote:
Decimatus wrote:Even so, I really do not think that having 0 supplies should make your ship stop in the middle of the water.
I agree. I'll add i also dont like the way units sit there til fully fueled before they start to move again.I often find myself continually ordering them to move becuase i dont like where they decided to stop and refuel.
Yeah, I was talking about that in another thread too. I think George put in on a list somewhere, at least I hope so.

Would be nice to have a slider which we could set that would let our units continue moving after gaining X% of their supplies.
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

Can you send a savegame to daxon@battlegoat.com? If I can recreate it here, then George can look at it and determine what the problem is.
dust off
General

Post by dust off »

this is a real pain in the ass. Load sub with missiles, fire missiles a long way from home, spend 15 minutes clicking sub to get to supplies. Any chance of a fix on this?

Return to “SR2010 Support”