BGForums

BattleGoat Studios
It is currently Nov 24 2017

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Problems with CPU
PostPosted: Apr 28 2009 
Warrant Officer

Hi

I have a strange problem with my SR 2010. After the installation and patching to the new patch - 4.6, I have problems with my CPU. After few minutes of playing - no matter which map is it, my CPU gets usage 100% and the game starts to lag. I was playing SR 2010 on this computer for many times and this is the first time when I get that.

My CPU is: Intel Core Quad G6600 2.4 GHz, Windows XP. The only thing which was changed from the last playing was memory RAM - from 2 GB to 4 GB so 3,5 for XP. Everything is the same as the last time I was playing SR 2010.

Can you help me?

Post subject: Re: Problems with CPU
Supreme Ruler

Human: Yes
I'm a little unsure what to suggest on this one, it does not sound like a problem with the game. No one else has reported anything like this and you said it previously worked fine on that system.

You could try looking at your DXDiag log file or send it to us to take a quick look, it might point us to some clues. Also consider if you've made any software changes since the last time you played. This sounds more software related than hardware related.

To get your DXDiag log file;

1) Go to the Start Menu, pick "Run...", and type in: dxdiag
2) When the dxdiag program comes up, pick "Save Information", and it will save off an info file to your drive.
3) Send the info file to: support@bgforums.com
4) please include the following text;

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=14583

Warrant Officer

There weren't any software changes. I have my system reinstalled and only hard discs and RAM memory was changed, but everything else was the same.

I have send DXDiag log file as you said.

Warrant Officer

Probably I have found what's wrong.

Can someone check this files:
http://www.sendspace.pl/file/aK1ABxaw/

this is SRUNIT file and DEFAULT.uni file. When I changed them to the original oness everything is fine - this is my modification of files, with about 100 new units, and some more small changes - it is a little bit bigger then MILITIS Unit Pack (which works fine). Maybe some new units - ID's 3540 up are the problem?

EDIT: Finally I found it. The problem was because I have opened SRUNIT file with Excel one time and after that changed it to Notepad. Probably Excel completely damaged the file after one opening.