Vista and xp save transfers

Find support, discuss issues, report in game bugs found here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

SGTscuba
General

Vista and xp save transfers

Post by SGTscuba »

When i play online with my mate, We transfer the file ready to play next time. I do this by my dataclip. However, on either machine, and sometimes when i transfer it vista to vista, the save just comes up with xxxxxx on both the file name and date. I think its my dataclip, could anyone else try it for me please?

Also, if it is my dataclip, could i try using an internet based file sharer and does anyone know a good site for it?

I will send saves attached to emails for people to try.

Sometimes the saves work, other times it refuses to.
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Maybe it might be the fact i have the balogan nuke mod but i have them on all three. I have installed all of them again and put the mod back on but to no use. I never used to have this problem when playing the demo so maybe its the mod crapping it up?

Also it wont let me delete the save. Maybe i should reinstall the game on my machines then try to transfer saves without the mod, however if it craps up again then maybe i should try transfering it over the internet or getting a new dataclip, maybe i should format it?
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

I have reformated my dataclip to a FAT format, is this the best one?

What does anyone else use to transfer savegames after a match?

I can't see whether reformating has worked because i only have my laptop as my computer is being serviced.

Do you think i should attach the save to an email and then send it to my other email address on the other computer then move it into my savegame folder?
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

I have sorted it i think, i thought it was the size of the file as the larger ones wouldn't work. But i have reformated my dataclip. I have put it to default something or another in the third box on vista formating tool. I had trouble before transfering large files like installers and this is what the problem probably was. I have now tried taking saves from xp to vista and it works. It now also works vista to xp. It was just my dataclip being screwy all along.

Return to “SR2010 Support”