importing csv file

Using Supreme Ruler's Map Editor you can modify existing scenarios or design your own. Discuss your scenarios being developed and find design and map editor assistance inside this forum. Also discuss combining regions and the steps to create missions.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

rhjyyz
Major

importing csv file

Post by rhjyyz »

I downloaded the wwiii cvars file in the map editor. I made a few changes to GDP for regions. When I go to play the custom scenario I see that it doesn't show the last region (Islamic States) and all the GDP's are shifted over 1 region. Do I change any other values such as STARTPLAYER or NUMPLAYERINFILE? Thanks
rhjyyz
Major

Post by rhjyyz »

never mind,problems solved, i repasted the files in custom folder again. It works now, must have been an incomplete paste job!
hanzie
Warrant Officer

Post by hanzie »

No wait! Please, tell me how you managed to get the WWIII-scenario to load at all in the Editor! :)

Ive got the three files in custom (.map, .gam, .gmc) and the .gmt in the localize custom folder, but when I try to load the scenario, i get nothing.

Not even an attempt to load.

I could use some kind of idiot-proof step by step assistance. :oops:

Whats this cvars-stuff?
hanzie
Warrant Officer

Post by hanzie »

Nevermind..
I had renamed my files in custom so obviously they didnt find eachother, or something.
I really hate to admit something like that. :)
rhjyyz
Major

Post by rhjyyz »

yep, been there , done that same thing., lol. Now if I can just get the editor not to keep hanging up when I switch to window mode.
Noble713
Captain

Re: importing csv file

Post by Noble713 »

rhjyyz wrote:I downloaded the wwiii cvars file in the map editor. I made a few changes to GDP for regions. When I go to play the custom scenario I see that it doesn't show the last region (Islamic States) and all the GDP's are shifted over 1 region. Do I change any other values such as STARTPLAYER or NUMPLAYERINFILE? Thanks
I'm having the same problem now and recopying the files isn't working. Do you have any other suggestions?
Black Metal IST KRIEG!
http://tinyurl.com/ctyrj7
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

many of the variables file changes are not "visible" in the mapeditor. Have you saved the map and loaded it from Single player - scenario - custom (left of the regions list) to see if the change are actually there?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Noble713
Captain

Post by Noble713 »

Balthagor wrote:many of the variables file changes are not "visible" in the mapeditor. Have you saved the map and loaded it from Single player - scenario - custom (left of the regions list) to see if the change are actually there?
Yes. It's really messed up. Governments are shifted, GDP is shifted, military reserves are shifted, and another problem I was trying to fix is still there (China being able to produce Japanese units). Oh, and the Islamic States don't show up in the regional diplomacy list. These are just the things I've noticed immediately, who knows what else is wrong. :cry:
Black Metal IST KRIEG!
http://tinyurl.com/ctyrj7
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

send me your .csv file and I'll take a look...

chris@battlegoat.com
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
rhjyyz
Major

Post by rhjyyz »

I put 1 for the PLAYERSTART variable and changed Arab States to Islamic States in the Country name area and all worked out OK so far. My other concerns seem to be not necessary.
Still can't get DEMANDPPROD to work though, I haven't extensively tested or changed the values enough to figure out how it works. Also I noticed the sliding scale for demand is not exactly sliding for the larger GDP's . Also what exactly does the add service variable do?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

The missing "1" for PLAYERSTART could be the problem, but it seems to be missing in my master file so I'm confused... will investigate further.

The service variable is intended to model elements of the economy we simply don't handle. Things like all the money in New York. And in India now there is lots of "call centre" companies. It is essentiall "free economy" money.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
red
General

Post by red »

Balthagor wrote:The service variable is intended to model elements of the economy we simply don't handle. Things like all the money in New York. And in India now there is lots of "call centre" companies. It is essentiall "free economy" money.
Were you happy with that level of abstraction, or might we see more detail?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

not really sure, worked to some degree and some things can never be modeled entierly. More something George would comment on...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Design Scenarios, Grouping Regions, Creating Missions”