A problem with the mapeditor - Polish version

Using Supreme Ruler's Map Editor you can modify existing scenarios or design your own. Discuss your scenarios being developed and find design and map editor assistance inside this forum. Also discuss combining regions and the steps to create missions.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

TPJ
Corporal

A problem with the mapeditor - Polish version

Post by TPJ »

I've just bought the game and I wanted to do some editing. Unfortunatelly, I've found it impossible to create any scenario. I started with the tutorial written by Chris Latour, but I wasn't able to complete the step 1-C. I did everything exactly as in the tutorial, but the map image displayed has never changed to the set map (after setting the map files, saving all of them, and the reloading them in order to update the imagery). I have even tried to download all the files from the first session, but I wasn't able to load that not-finished scenario.

I also wasn't able to load any standard scenario. I copied the files of the Europe scenario (*.GAM, *.GMC, *.MAP) to the Custom directory and then I tried to load that scenario with the mapeditor, but what I saw was still the world map. Moreover, in the "Current Files" section, there were some weird values:
Game/Player Information
NewMap

Map Terrain/Owner Map
NewMap

What did I do wrong?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Found the answer. In the polish version, the mapeditor is looking for the .GMT file even on a new map. In the GMC, add the line of
gmtfile: "name"
and create that file in the SupremeRuler2010/localize/localpl/custom folder.

The GMT file will only need the following information;
&&SCENNAME
name
Once you have a GMT it should load fine. I tested it here and it worked for me.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Design Scenarios, Grouping Regions, Creating Missions”